Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] buses for arsenal game

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
(I reckon Its a given that southern rail are palace fans, doing all they can to mess us up..)

Seeing as no trains to Falmer, what kind of queues in town for the buses?? 1 hour? 2 hours? :flameboun

(from what i read on twitter, shuttle buses going from brighton station, and a few other sites only..?)

P.S. - Wishing you all a Merry Christmas / alternative festival, in the meantime.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
(I reckon Its a given that southern rail are palace fans, doing all they can to mess us up..)

Seeing as no trains to Falmer, what kind of queues in town for the buses?? 1 hour? 2 hours? :flameboun

(from what i read on twitter, shuttle buses going from brighton station, and a few other sites only..?)

P.S. - Wishing you all a Merry Christmas / alternative festival, in the meantime.

From the club website :

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.c...important-travel-info-ahead-of-arsenal-match/

Brighton Station (BN1 3XP) Shuttle Service.

From 2pm we will be operating a free shuttle service from the bus stop D, Queens Road to the bus stop at the A27 by Falmer station – please note if supporters choose this option, they should be aware that they will have to walk up a flight of stairs and across the footbridge to access the stadium.

For this service there is no need to book, just turn up and our shuttle buses will pick you up.

For your return trip, your pick-up point will be from the A27 bus stop where you have been dropped off.

Lewes Railway Station (BN7 2UP) shuttle service

We will be operating a free shuttle service from the bus stop facing the entrance of Lewes station, and this service will run direct in to the Coach Park at the Amex, for this service there is no need to pre-book, just turn up and our shuttles buses will pick you up.

This service will commence at 2pm.

For the return trip, you will be picked up from the Coach Park at the Amex.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Now, I don't want to put the club down because they are doing a great service at a time when our main transport system has shut down (also same to Southern, not there fault we have to play this game).
But 1000's use the train to get back to Brighton. A bus takes 100 people. I guess they will utilise the bendy buses and every bus they can get, but where will they stack them up? Quick calculation is let's say they get 15 buses that take 2 minutes to load but only three buses at the stop at a time. Every 10 minutes they can clear 300 people. Going to be a lot of angry people.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
public transport is bad enough on a good day. there will be empty seats.

I briefly considered going, but the hassle and cost for 2 tickets when I've already paid for the TV . . . . not the right attitude in some peoples minds but it also gives me time to do a family meet up and lunch as well on the day.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I'm parking at my Mums in Hollingbury and walking, it's going to be less painful than trying to get one of the shuttle buses and it will walk of some of the xmas excesses.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Now, I don't want to put the club down because they are doing a great service at a time when our main transport system has shut down (also same to Southern, not there fault we have to play this game).
But 1000's use the train to get back to Brighton. A bus takes 100 people. I guess they will utilise the bendy buses and every bus they can get, but where will they stack them up? Quick calculation is let's say they get 15 buses that take 2 minutes to load but only three buses at the stop at a time. Every 10 minutes they can clear 300 people. Going to be a lot of angry people.

The bendy busses tend to be used for Mill Hill P&R and I will be pissed off if they are changed.

Since Mithras house closed, the P&R at Mill Hill hS been brilliant as we seem to have more busses put on.

I think it will be carnage on Boxing Day with thousands trying to get away from teh ground at teh same time....if we are down and out with 20 minutes to go I can see the ground emptying quickly like Everton did yesterday.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

I briefly considered going, but the hassle and cost for 2 tickets when I've already paid for the TV . . . . not the right attitude in some peoples minds but it also gives me time to do a family meet up and lunch as well on the day.

Not alone. When it was moved I made the decision to forgo the game and stay at home and watch it on TV whilst eating leftover Christmas dinner.

Just isn't worth the hassle for me.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
If you live in town (assuming you are not disabled or impaired) then just walk. It really is pretty easy.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
completely agree, and would do so from Moulsecomb, Coldean etc if one could park . . . . the Mrs offered to give us a lift, but frankly £115 for my son and I on top of everything else this week was just a oner too far. . . .I've already spent my pocket money on the race car I'm building!

If you live in town (assuming you are not disabled or impaired) then just walk. It really is pretty easy.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I remember getting the shuttle bus to the seafront last year, luckily loads kicked up a fuss and he done a drop off bottom of coombe road

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hopefully rid the Amex of playing a big club tourists. Can’t wait love Boxing Day football decent kick off time to.

That may be your opinion re kick off but not the majority. I think it is the worst possible time on Boxing Day either a lunch time or 3pm kick off would have enabled people to use the normal buses and thus caused less problems.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I must remember exactly (photograph) where I park my bike!

Cycling from Shoreham is OK until I get to Brighton.Then the route is bloody awful.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
agree Andy, I used to cycle to Moulsecomb to work from Shoreham, from the pier to the Lewis road by the University was lethal 25 years ago, the roads are even worse now.

I must remember exactly (photograph) where I park my bike!

Cycling from Shoreham is OK until I get to Brighton.Then the route is bloody awful.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Me too. And I can take my flask into my lounge. ;) Might even sneak a whisky into. People couldn’t give their tickets away for Arsenal, I’ve turned down several for the same reason. No one wants to be stuck on Boxing Day at 9pm waiting for buses to reappear. Used to love 3pm Boxing Day at Goldstone, football was highlight of the holidays. Now it’s a nuisance!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
agree Andy, I used to cycle to Moulsecomb to work from Shoreham, from the pier to the Lewis road by the University was lethal 25 years ago, the roads are even worse now.

Reminder to fix the brakes and check the lights.

Blue-Elf on a Bicycle.jpg

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here