Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Advice on Spanish speeding ticket

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Hi, somehow I managed to get a speeding ticket on my recent holiday to Gran Canaria.
I don't remember exceeding any limits but who knows.

Question is, do they follow up on them? They got my address from the car hire company.

I go there regularly so if I don't pay it will it make future visits difficult?

Unless you have good reason to contest it I’d be honest and pay it......and not be a pathetic weasel about it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Got a ticket in 82 driving from malaga to Madrid, well the motorcycle cops didn't give us a ticket just took the cash, lucky we hid most of the cash before getting pulled over. Falklands situation didn't help.???

What did the Falklands have to do with Spain?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Hi, somehow I managed to get a speeding ticket on my recent holiday to Gran Canaria.

Question is, do they follow up on them? They got my address from the car hire company.

Those Motability scooters must be faster than you thought

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
Unless you have good reason to contest it I’d be honest and pay it......and not be a pathetic weasel about it.[/QUOTE]

At the time I was 'caught' it was 23:42 and the only night I was on that stretch of road at that time, it was raining heavily and the roads get greasy so there is no way I would have been speeding.
But how do I challenge that without going to Court?

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London

I reckon they will as they seem very hot on speed limits.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

Are you planning on going back to Spain? This will make a difference.

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona

Pay it, the hire company will share your details with the police (and charge you for it). If you pay the fine in the first 30 days it’s half price. I.e. it doubles in price soon

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here