Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Advice on Spanish speeding ticket

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
Hi, somehow I managed to get a speeding ticket on my recent holiday to Gran Canaria.
I don't remember exceeding any limits but who knows.

Question is, do they follow up on them? They got my address from the car hire company.

I go there regularly so if I don't pay it will it make future visits difficult?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Even if they didn’t follow it up, is it worth the worry every time you go there?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Car hire company will have your credit card? Suprised they haven’t charged it as I imagine the authorities will go after them if you don’t pay?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Tough it out til 29th of March, they can't touch you after that.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
got one in Italy last year

165 ****ing euros

got a couple of letters,threatening to increase the fine

so I just paid it for peace of mind

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
got one in Italy last year

165 ****ing euros

got a couple of letters,threatening to increase the fine

so I just paid it for peace of mind

If it's an Italian fine I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up more like the reading on your Gas meter. Pay up immediately !

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
We have a place in Spain so travel a lot there.
Have been caught on cameras but never heard a thing.
However, there is now a reciprocal arrangement for the dvla and Spanish authorities to swap details whereas there was nothing up to a year or so ago so it’s very likely that your details will be given over.
Especially as you were in a hire car, the hire company will probably come for you

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
If it's an Italian fine I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up more like the reading on your Gas meter. Pay up immediately !

Quite,I was told the fine could be contested,but the whole process would be conducted in Italian

that's when I thought the whole thing could get out of hand and paid asap!

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The answer is come to France rather than Spain. Drove over 250 miles this weekend and every speed camera bar one had been covered up, smashed to pieces or burnt out by the yellow jackets. Just love how the French protest !!!

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
If it was a rental car than the rental company has your credit card details. They will receive the fine, pay it for you and charge (normally) 40 euros admin fee. If the fine is paid within 28 days only 50% is payable. As to how much it is - well it depends on how much you were exceeding the limit, but it usually varies between 100 & 300 euros, halved if paid quickly.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The answer is come to France rather than Spain. Drove over 250 miles this weekend and every speed camera bar one had been covered up, smashed to pieces or burnt out by the yellow jackets. Just love how the French protest !!!

Or even better come to Germany, there’s no speed limit on the autobahns.

basque seagull

Oct 21, 2012
If it is a hire car, you will have to pay. If it isnt, I wouldnt worry. I live in Spain and recently got a fine from France sent to me from France. They are getting organized but I never paid it.

Enviado desde mi MI 5 mediante Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here