Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] team v ARSENAL

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I'd be tempted to send a message to Duffy & Dunk and pair Balogun with White; show both that their discipline is costing us and they can't just come straight back into the team on reputation.

Similarly, promote one of the under 23 attacking players onto the bench

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'd be tempted to send a message to Duffy & Dunk and pair Balogun with White; show both that their discipline is costing us and they can't just come straight back into the team on reputation.

I thought that the idea was to try to win games

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Pugh

Pew, Barney, McGrew, Cuthbert

Dibble, Andone, Grubb, Billan

Bentha, Flowerpotmen

Could do a job. Either way, We're DOOMED I tell thee. McWhohe OUT!!!!

Definitely DOOMED.

So I’d go with

Ryan
Bruno, Duffy, Balagon, Bernardo, Montoya, Bong
Stephens, Kayal, Propper, Bissouma

That should do it

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I thought that the idea was to try to win games

More likely to win if we have the same number of players on the pitch as the opposition plus the current attacking force isn't exactly...

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
You obviously have no idea about football then, an Arsenal side that wait for you to come to them then pick you off, and very fast at counter attacking, yet very susceptible to counter attacks themselves. todays line-up and formation would be perfect for arsenal, but a little more defensive.

I’ve played the game at a decent level for many years so i’ll keep my opinion and you stick to yours

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012

I’m not sure that’s a good idea against a team with the top scorer in the league.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I’m not sure that’s a good idea against a team with the top scorer in the league.

Tempted...but yes, Duffy will take his place and let’s hope he doesn’t see a red again

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Do we really have to play without Dunk against Arsenal because the referee booked the wrong player? Is a yellow card not contestable under any circumstances? Because if so that is ridiculous.

It is of course the ridiculous option.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Ryan
Montoya - Balogun - Duffy - Bernard​
March - Propper - Bissouma​
Andone - Gross​
Murray​

Christmas Tree formation - obviously :shrug:

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

Yeah sacrifice a game just to prove a point to two players who have been amongst the most impressive during our time in the Prem.

Brainless

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Ryan
Montoya Duffy Balogun Bernardo
Kayal Propper Bissouma
Knockaert Andone Locadia

Subs: Bruno White Bong Stephens Gross March Murray

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Locadia did ok in the first half but I wouldn’t describe him as impressive ! Sorry but he simply should not start against Arsenal.

We need to go 4-4-2 for this one and play Andone and Murray together and take the game to them. The team I want to see is:

Ryan
Montoya - Balogun - Duffy - Bernard​
March - Propper - Bissouma - Knockaert
Murray - Andone​

Yes I absolutely agree, that would be my starting eleven too, with the possible exception of Bruno for Montoya, as we need a recognised captain on the field.

Taking the game to Arsenal is exactly what we need to do. We lost the game afgainst Chelsea principally because we gave them fat too much respect in the first half, stood off them, let them play and suddenly we were 2-0 down. A fast start is important, and more than anything we need to show intent.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
You heard it lads, we need to TAKE THE GAME TO THEM and ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK a side that is as lethal at countering as they are vulnerable to it :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here