[News] RIP Lord Ashdown

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Mistake 1. Decided to pursue a political carreer as a liberal
Mistake 2. Caught with his pants down.
Mistake 3. Did absolutely bugger all politically, left no legacy.

Apart from that, top lad, solid gold bloke. :facepalm:

Aside from that, never nice when someone dies, in his 70s, far to young for a vigorous energetic, if misguided bloke to pop his boots. RIP.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

Aside from that, never nice when someone dies, in his 70s, far to young for a vigorous energetic, if misguided bloke to pop his boots. RIP.

1 out of 3, poor effort

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Perhaps people shouldn't say he was different from any other politician, a sad loss but don't make him out to be a saint

No you wouldn't big T as you think,anyone who is not a raging lefty or union man is a ****! We all see through you mate.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No you wouldn't big T as you think,anyone who is not a raging lefty or union man is a ****! We all see through you mate.

Actually he thinks nothing of the sort I suspect. Nobody would shame the labour party with such tripe if they were a true believer.

He's a tory troll. :shrug:

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint

Have some respect. He was a Royal Marine and tried to do something in public service

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Have some respect. He was a Royal Marine and tried to do something in public service

Don't be a twit. Read my whole post. He's not a god.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
clue;

you picked the wrong political party and you have achieved nothing in your career

Well, I was right with those two comments (and I mean political career - the one that got his face in the newspapers, rather than any military or diplomatic successes). Being a liberal is the wrong choice unless its 1905 or you prefer being on the opposition benches like the idiot Corbyn rather than actually being able to do anything. So are you suggesting I'm wrong about his extramarital legover?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
When he was in the Commons, I recall someone commenting that he was "the only trained killer in the House of Commons, Maggie Thatcher is self taught"

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Well I feel that he was an honourable politician. There are plenty that aren't. We could do with him now as we are being pulled to the political extremities. We could do with more political heavyweights in the centre ground. Yes he had personal failings - I think we all do

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Well, I was right with those two comments (and I mean political career - the one that got his face in the newspapers, rather than any military or diplomatic successes). Being a liberal is the wrong choice unless its 1905 or you prefer being on the opposition benches like the idiot Corbyn rather than actually being able to do anything. So are you suggesting I'm wrong about his extramarital legover?

watch the news poppet

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I understand your point about his choice of political party, but perhaps as a liberal, when PA went into politics in 1975 his heart-felt conviction was that the Labour Party at that time wasn’t for him. Apparently he was appalled by the mid-70’s strife in our country, so opted for a middle ground. At that stage he was just another budding politician, so followed his beliefs, not second guessing on much later becoming a prominent figure.

Have you got that, chuck?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well I feel that he was an honourable politician. There are plenty that aren't. We could do with him now as we are being pulled to the political extremities. We could do with more political heavyweights in the centre ground. Yes he had personal failings - I think we all do

A political heavyweight in the centre ground who would have pushed and pushed to find any way, devious or otherwise, to avoid leaving the EU. The point being, that as far as Brexit is concerned, there are no heavyweights in the centre ground. There is no centre ground for them to be in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here