Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Post-match reaction and thoughts - Bournemouth

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Thankfully I think there will be 3 worse teams (maybe more) below us come the end of the season.
Based on today's performance I wish I shared your optimism. Sometimes I wonder where Hughton's head is at in games like today. A goal down so let's bring on a defender? Really Chris? What the hell does that do to get us back into a game that we should have been front?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

flint

Jul 9, 2003
eastbourne
Bad result today whatever the circumstances. Yes something different tried but our results against Bournemouth have been very poor for too long.
Yes 4 teams emerging as relegation favourites but we should have more points on the board and we cannot keep saying bad luck or blaming referees.
We need to put in a performance and a result against one of the top teams and to get back on track against our real rivals.
Just have a sense of a mini crisis arising and we need to get past it ASAP

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
A good first half performance. However to move on from been a struggling side think Manager has to make some big decisions. Move March,Knockaert, Gross and Stevens on while they all have good value.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Piss poor management yet again. Points lost because of bizarre selection, negative use of substitutes and persistence with a flawed system and underperforming favourites. Another game we had the players to win and the management to lose. So infuriating.
It does make one wonder what they do in training at Lancing. Second best facilities means bollock all if we are so inadequately prepared for every away game.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
There is an easy answer to this question and his name is Ben White. He should have been on the bench, but Hughton does not have any faith in an U23 side who are doing great things. That’s scandalous in my opinion. Why have two full backs on the bench?

What is the point in all this investment, all their achievements if they have no chance of progressing?

I wonder what is going through Ben White's mind. On December 4 he would have watched Aaron Wan-Bissaka make his 21st Premier League start, against Albion. White is 18 days older than Wan-Bissaka. Back in February when Palace had an injury crisis their manager was willing to take a chance on a youngster and gave him a debut against....Totenham. The lad did well and started the next two matches against ...... Man Utd and Chelsea. His fifth start was against Liverpool. He won Palace's Player of the Month award for March.

Of course, in that Albion-Palace game Duffy earned himself a three-match ban. Albion only have 3 senior CBs, and White is ahead of Barclay, so Ben would have known he was next man up. Except, just 11 days after the derby match, he wasn't even on the bench against Chelsea (or today).

White has far more experience, against higher quality opposition, than Wan-Bissaka had when he was given his debut (Wan-Bissaka hasn't been out on loan and hadn't been playing Premier League 2 fixtures as Palace aren't a Category One academy).

I think if I was in White's shoes I would be seriously questioning my decision to sign an extended contract with the club back in April.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A good first half performance. However to move on from been a struggling side think Manager has to make some big decisions. Move March,Knockaert, Gross and Stevens on while they all have good value.

Stephens - especially after his recent starting performances in losses against Burnley and Bmuff. Holding the team back.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
How can’t we even get the basics right? How many more times do I have to watch our corners sail straight into the arms of opposition keepers? How many more free kicks on the edge of the box is March going to hoof over? League One teams don’t even get this stuff wrong.

That’s before we get to the system, the approach or the personnel.
I think I've had enough of Hughton. There, I've said it. He did a great job in getting us where we are but personally I don't see him taking us forward. It's one thing trying not to lose but feck me, let's try and win a few too. Palace winning at Citeh shows what can be done if you really try and win an away game. They could have have got mullered but they didn't.

matumaini

Feb 25, 2018
That was one of the best 1st half performances away from home since Brighton got promoted. I was quite optimistic 2nd half, but it turned into a damp squib.
Erm no - first 15 minutes OK and on top although to say the best since promoted - No.

Sent from my HUAWEI G7-L01 using Tapatalk

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Piss poor management yet again. Points lost because of bizarre selection, negative use of substitutes and persistence with a flawed system and underperforming favourites. Another game we had the players to win and the management to lose. So infuriating.

I think he got confused, and thought this was the cup game! :mad:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Stephens - especially after his recent starting performances in losses against Burnley and Bmuff. Holding the team back.

Dale didn’t start against Burnley which is why many were then annoyed when he started at home against Chelsea

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Dale didn’t start against Burnley which is why many were then annoyed when he started at home against Chelsea

He's being sarcastic. There's still a few sensible ones who rate Stephens very highly like the poster you are quoting.

Not from where I was standing. West Ham were all over us for at least 30 minutes, but we got one goal through crap defending, and Jose scored when West Ham were in a dominant spell.

Think you might be remembering that wrongly. I remember one chance they had in the first half, a snatched shot from Hernandez from 20-25 yards, 2 yards clear of the post. The game is still up online if curious.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
There is an easy answer to this question and his name is Ben White. He should have been on the bench, but Hughton does not have any faith in an U23 side who are doing great things. That’s scandalous in my opinion. Why have two full backs on the bench?

What is the point in all this investment, all their achievements if they have no chance of progressing?

This is a key point. When Bruno plays, Montoya doesn’t appear on the bench. Bruno is more versatile but if that’s the case then why also have Bong on the bench?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
He's being sarcastic. There's still a few sensible ones who rate Stephens very highly like the poster you are quoting.

Think you might be remembering that wrongly. I remember one chance they had in the first half, a snatched shot from Hernandez from 20-25 yards, 2 yards clear of the post. The game is still up online if curious.

He’s had me there, i’ve been whooshed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here