Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] [Boxing] Hearn Vs Warren

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Whyte is such a bellend. Big knockout but both him and Chisora lightyears behind the top three.

I'm not sure about that.
Whyte smashes Wilder and gives AJ the toughest of fights imo.

He 100% deserves the rematch, but I'm thinking Hearn doesn't want anyone ruining his golden goose that is AJ. Hopefully Whyte is made mandatory ASAP.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Whyte needed the KO as Chisora was somehow ahead on 2 of the cards despite having 2 points deducted.

Either way, Whyte will rightly get his chance soon enough, but IMHO there wasn't enough for either AJ or Wilder to go into extra training for it.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
If Whyte doesn't fight AJ next it means Joshua is fighting either Wilder or Fury. In that case I'd like to see Whyte fight whichever of the Wilder or Fury isn't fighting Joshua. Or worse case scenario BReazle so that he's mandatory for pretty much everything.

If Wilder ducks AJ it would be quite funny if Joshua fought Breazle so that he became the mandatory for the WBC. Wouldn't be the biggest of fights but it would be interesting to see what would happen if Joshua was the mandatory for Wilder's belt...

It's a shame that these guys only fight twice a year at most.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
I'm not sure about that.
Whyte smashes Wilder and gives AJ the toughest of fights imo.

He 100% deserves the rematch, but I'm thinking Hearn doesn't want anyone ruining his golden goose that is AJ. Hopefully Whyte is made mandatory ASAP.

I can't see Whyte ever beating any of them. He admitted last night he's naturally a toe to toe scrapper. Against lesser opposition he can soak up any punishment and know that he will catch them at some point. Wilder and Joshua hit too hard and are too quick for Whyte who looked very slow and cumbersome last night. Fury is too good a boxer and would win on points with his superior movement. Whyte deserves a shot but will never be a world champion IMO

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If Whyte doesn't fight AJ next it means Joshua is fighting either Wilder or Fury. In that case I'd like to see Whyte fight whichever of the Wilder or Fury isn't fighting Joshua. Or worse case scenario BReazle so that he's mandatory for pretty much everything.

If Wilder ducks AJ it would be quite funny if Joshua fought Breazle so that he became the mandatory for the WBC. Wouldn't be the biggest of fights but it would be interesting to see what would happen if Joshua was the mandatory for Wilder's belt...

It's a shame that these guys only fight twice a year at most.

What happens in these mandatory fights with the purse and the promotion? Would Wilder dictate the terms? If Wilder wanted to swerve the fight can he make a silly derisory and prohibitive offer to AJ which he can’t accept?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Doesn’t work like that I’m afraid

The WBC seem to make the rules up as they go so you never know!

What happens in these mandatory fights with the purse and the promotion? Would Wilder dictate the terms? If Wilder wanted to swerve the fight can he make a silly derisory and prohibitive offer to AJ which he can’t accept?

I'm afraid I have no idea. It'd just be interesting to see what would happen if Joshua had all the other belts and was the mandatory for Wilder's. They'd have to at least try and make the fight as as I understand it he can only take so many voluntary defences before he has to take his mandatory and the only thing that trumps a mandatory is a unification...

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
I watched Warrington v Frampton- which was a great fight of skill & endurance.

Whyte & chisora are not top heavyweights in my view

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here