[Albion] Locadia Today

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yep, noticed this several times.
Best ball control bar none yesterday

Since you like my post so much you have now quoted it five times, would you like to know where it comes from? Clue: it is a quote from a character called Spud Gun. No cheeky googling, now :rolleyes::lolol:

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
My take on it has a little more too it than that, although I'm happy to be wrong.

In 4-3-3 I don't see the onus being 'get the ball out wide'.
For me, at least, the team seems a lot more central playing more in the middle third of the pitch.

The outside 2 have license to be next to Murray with overlapping full backs (nothing new there) covering some of the (missing) winger play.

I'd agree in the main, and if you were talking about how Klopp plays it, for example, I'd totally agree. I don't think that's the way CH played it yesterday personally, but that's just a matter of opinion. March, for example, didn't make any of the same types of movements as Locadia despite being his opposite on the right, but that had more to do with his player profile and characteristics than any specific formation change. I also felt that Gross spent a fair portion of the game high up near Murray, particularly in the first half which led to us being overrun, and also moving into wide positions which isn't usually the remit of a central player in a 433. But it's all about interpretations. For me we played our usual 4411 but we had a striker on the left which meant he made runs inside and behind more naturally. But there were quite numerous times where he had to work defensively and he also held his position on the left a lot.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Re-watching the highlights - quite impressive turn of pace for the goal, as he was on the edge of our area when their corner came in. I'd assumed he was originally further upfield.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Re-watching the highlights - quite impressive turn of pace for the goal, as he was on the edge of our area when their corner came in. I'd assumed he was originally further upfield.

No disrespect but why would you think one of our players was further upfield during an opposition corner!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Thought he had a great game. He clearly can't play up top on his own, but coming in from the left he always looked like he could make something happen and he showed great vision with his passes and layoffs.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
He is really very quick and certainly gives us another option from our more traditional 'wide men'

Is it just me, or does he have an unusual running style which would suggest otherwise ???

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
He is really very quick and certainly gives us another option from our more traditional 'wide men'

Is it just me, or does he have an unusual running style which would suggest otherwise ???

I agree, its as if he has to take a few steps to get his stride.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

I agree, its as if he has to take a few steps to get his stride.

I agree. In an earlier post I put "But the thing that puzzles me is that it often seems as though he has set off on the wrong foot, or in slightly the wrong direction and then appears rather ungainly when subsequently sorting his feet out - so you feel that he's not quite in control." Which is, I think the same as what you are saying.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
No disrespect but why would you think one of our players was further upfield during an opposition corner!

Only because of the speed with which he appeared at the other end. Watching it first time around, I thought he can't have been as far back as 'instructed' or he wouldn't have got there. But he was!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here