Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia Today

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
He will score 2 against Liverpool......you read it here first folks!!

Liverpool may score more though!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
What is very pleasing is Jurgen finally getting game time and proving his value to the team.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
His tracking back and defending has been great last couple games too, I didnt realise how good he is defensively.

He wasn’t, but he’s been educated. That’s why he hasn’t had much of a run until now. The lad seems to have grasped the ‘CH way’ now. Top, top coaching and management I reckon.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Sorry, not getting into a game of post tennis with you else I'll be here til 3 in morning. Just watch the highlights :shrug:

Sorry, but what you are saying is absolutely ridiculous.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Just watch the highlights :shrug:
I've watched them a few times, you're talking nonsense. He took his goal well. Had he made the same shot from the half-way line, he'd have been wide of the corner flag.
Sorry, not getting into a game of post tennis with you else I'll be here til 3 in morning.
Good decision.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Sadly I missed the Arsenal game because of work commitments so didn't witness what I am assured was Locadia's man-of-the-match performance, but I saw the Everton game. I thought Locadia was okay but nothing more. I'm glad he scored, and pleased that he's giving the club some return on its investment, but I've yet to see what other are clearly (wishing to) see.

We were told when he arrived that he has pace, but I've never seen it and he certainly doesn't go past players the way Izquierdo can. At Bournemouth, he covered back as an afterthought or not at all, although he did better against Everton. Both his goals were opportunistic rather than anything he created himself.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for him and for us that he's beginning to look like a player, although I wouldn't go further than that. I just think our collective relief at the fact that he now doesn't look like a complete waste of TB's money is causing one or two people to mistake him for Gareth Bale.

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
Sadly I missed the Arsenal game because of work commitments so didn't witness what I am assured was Locadia's man-of-the-match performance, but I saw the Everton game. I thought Locadia was okay but nothing more. I'm glad he scored, and pleased that he's giving the club some return on its investment, but I've yet to see what other are clearly (wishing to) see.

We were told when he arrived that he has pace, but I've never seen it and he certainly doesn't go past players the way Izquierdo can. At Bournemouth, he covered back as an afterthought or not at all, although he did better against Everton. Both his goals were opportunistic rather than anything he created himself.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for him and for us that he's beginning to look like a player, although I wouldn't go further than that. I just think our collective relief at the fact that he now doesn't look like a complete waste of TB's money is causing one or two people to mistake him for Gareth Bale.

He doesn't look like he has pace because of his running style but he actually has. He drifts past people, he's not the speed merchant style like Jose but i reckon he isn't too much slower. He's much stronger and his passing is great, that back heel when defending in the second half was superb.
The pace he showed against Arsenal to win the ball before the defender and ease round the keeper was imo very quick.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He doesn't look like he has pace because of his running style but he actually has. He drifts past people, he's not the speed merchant style like Jose but i reckon he isn't too much slower. He's much stronger and his passing is great, that back heel when defending in the second half was superb.
The pace he showed against Arsenal to win the ball before the defender and ease round the keeper was imo very quick.
Agreed. Rewatched some highlights, his passing/laying off really is excellent too - much more intelligent footballer than Knocky or Jose I think.

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Agreed. Rewatched some highlights, his passing/laying off really is excellent too - much more intelligent footballer than Knocky or Jose I think.

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

Indeed, Jose might have pace but his first touch is usually shocking.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
From the extended highlights he looked very good yesterday, in particular his % of successful passes. Apart from the unnecessary free kick at the end from which Everton rattled the bar, I didn't see JL make a single error all match. He looks big too so the number 9 shirt really will fit him well. As for Florin Andone, he looks a real handful. Methinks these two are the way forward and will score a few each (>12) between now and the end of the season.

TNBA

TTF

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Quite simply he has been our most effective winger of the season. Not running past players and then failing to cross like Jose, but giving good balls, showing good movement and positioning, setting up players around him, and scoring 2 goals. Strong in hold up too. Works for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here