Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia Today

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Very pleased for the lad, hardly put a foot wrong. Hope it silences a few on here that just expect instant results

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There's almost no difference between a CH 4411 and 433. The wingers still do a substantial amount of defending and Gross still plays high. The only slight difference is Propper plays slightly further forward. His 433 quite easily became 451 yesterday at times, particularly in the first half when we were poor for large parts.

My take on it has a little more too it than that, although I'm happy to be wrong.

In 4-3-3 I don't see the onus being 'get the ball out wide'.
For me, at least, the team seems a lot more central playing more in the middle third of the pitch.

The outside 2 have license to be next to Murray with overlapping full backs (nothing new there) covering some of the (missing) winger play.

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
My take on it has a little more too it than that, although I'm happy to be wrong.

In 4-3-3 I don't see the onus being 'get the ball out wide'.
For me, at least, the team seems a lot more central playing more in the middle third of the pitch.

The outside 2 have license to be next to Murray with overlapping full backs (nothing new there) covering some of the (missing) winger play.

Without a doubt. Locadia in the last two games has spent far less time out wide than any of our normal wingers would......l

wealdgull

Dec 7, 2017
He took some defensive first touches in front of me pulling the ball out of the air that really had me clapping like a seal in a circus.

Not only his defensive touches, either. I felt that we were switching play far more often than we have in the past, and this was in no small part to knowing that Locadia would often be there to take it down and continue the move.

The indecision in going for a couple of balls was interesting. The first one, which was right in front of me, seemed to be Locadia worrying that if he went for the ball and didn't get it he was leaving his wing exposed. Once he realised how slow the Arsenal player was he changed his mind. Hopefully the indecision will go away after a few more games.

He had some great vision too and didn’t really give the ball away.

A few times he found a way to play the ball out from well in our defensive area (often sending it to Stephens in a nice bit of space) when it looked like he was going to have to hoof it away.

All in all I thought he had a really good game and if he keeps up at that tempo he'll be a regular starter.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I do love a thread where someone posts a silly opinion gets shot down and then proceeds to rant at people. Top work PS,

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
tenor (2).gif

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He played well - comfortably the best so far. Great to see, and hopefully lots more to come.

Quite why a couple of posters think that gives them some kind of moral high ground over everyone who previously said he played shit, when he, er, played shit, I don’t really follow.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He played well - comfortably the best so far. Great to see, and hopefully lots more to come.

Quite why a couple of posters think that gives them some kind of moral high ground over everyone who previously said he played shit, when he, er, played shit, I don’t really follow.

I don’t understand why posters would slag off a player who hasn’t been given the game time to prove himself, which is exactly what has happened to Locadia. Plain to me there was something about him even in the short cameos where you and the majority considered it worth writing him off as shit. You and plenty of others weren’t even prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt, given how little he’d played.

It’s kind of nice to be proved right, although that is no guarantee he will become a fixture in a CH side or be as good as I happen to think he is.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I don’t understand why posters would slag off a player who hasn’t been given the game time to prove himself, which is exactly what has happened to Locadia. Plain to me there was something about him even in the short cameos where you considered it worth writing him off as shit. You and plenty of others weren’t even prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt, given how little he’d played.

and it underlines our superiority over you boo boys. :lol:

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
I've seen a few mentions of him bottling runs on the ball. Pretty sure several times this was due to him knowing he'd be offside.

Last edited:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I was impressed with him yesterday, he played well in that position, really pleased he scored.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Agreed. Green shoots of promise today - he did well. But - it has taken almost a year, and for most of that year we were getting hardly anything for our £15M (or however much it was) so doubts and criticism were hardly unreasonable. If he kicks on from here, we'll all be delighted.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Agreed. Green shoots of promise today - he did well. But - it has taken almost a year, and for most of that year we were getting hardly anything for our £15M (or however much it was) so doubts and criticism were hardly unreasonable. If he kicks on from here, we'll all be delighted.

Blame CH for not picking him, just maybe his little outspoken wobbler forced CH’s hand, use him or lose him :wink:

I was actually shocked to see him picked as a starter for yesterday’s game given CH’s naturally cautious nature against the big boys.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009

Agreed, good on him yesterday but most people judge performances with their own eyes, if he's poor, will say so and the same when he finally plays well. Strange that others will go completely against what's happening on the pitch, in the hope that they can then call everyone else idiots when he (a professional footballer, paid to play football well) finally puts in a shift.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Blame CH for not picking him, just maybe his little outspoken wobbler forced CH’s hand, use him or lose him :wink:

I was actually shocked to see him picked as a starter for yesterday’s game given CH’s naturally cautious nature against the big boys.

It would seem it's taken a year and 2 injured wingers for CH to find a way to use him.

Many of his critics said 'he's not a winger', they also said 'he's not a centre forward'.
So quite why his critics are now taking umbrage when they themselves have also been proven correct is an oddity.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Agreed, good on him yesterday but most people judge performances with their own eyes, if he's poor, will say so and the same when he finally plays well. Strange that others will go completely against what's happening on the pitch, in the hope that they can then call everyone else idiots when he (a professional footballer, paid to play football well) finally puts in a shift.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Finally puts in a shift? I wish the majority of my shifts were < 10 minutes.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Why would you even do that? Just because somebody's got a different opinion to you, however cock-eyed? It'd be pretty quiet round these parts if everybody put everybody who disagreed with them on ignore.

Because he’s a Snowflake! And can’t handle the TRUTH! ;)

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Did well and was our main threat. He’s suited to the role as a left sided forward and looks to get in the box all the time. Still room for a bit more but really positive signs. I expect him to start again v Everton and hopefully has as big an impact on the game

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here