Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia Today

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
But he also played some dreadful ones. His step over and drag wide at the end epitomised his sluggish play in a way. It didn’t fool anyone and should have tested the keeper, even scored. Instead, predictably wide. I lost count in the last 15 how many times he lost us possession. As did a number of our players who equally poor. Still we stopped the rot but this was not an excellent display despite the point against a top 6 side. Think we were below par today as were Arsenal. Ryan MOTM for me!

So bad Hughton kept him on the pitch for 85 minutes and he got a standing ovation......

Oh, and I was right behind his “drag wide” and it was pretty close while he had a defender right in front of him.

And we had the better second half against a top 6 team.

But hey, we were poor......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Quality display from the current NSC hate figure. Love it when this happens :bowdown:

Of course the haters will denigrate his MOM display. It’s Barnes all over again

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Much better from JL today. Still remains to be seen whether he can command a regular spot though. Progress.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The man is a legend.

Brilliant performance.

He is my new hero

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Far from IMO. Ryan kept us in it with some stunning saves and far more worthy. Locadia may have scored (with help from Arsenal just as we helped them for their goal) but his all round game was awful (amongst a number of equals today) His first touch, control and passes were more often that not poor. As for his running, he looks like he’s stuck in treacle. No pace what so ever. I know this sounds harsh but I think today showed why he’s not a PL player despite the goal. I’ll add that Bernardo on another day could have cost us several goals. Proper and Stephens showed why we’ll never score goals in many matches, talk about inability to shoot and or turn attack into defence. Hope Knocky starts next game, Gross was much better today. Murray does what Murray does and Andone looked quick and nimble, what I was hoping for from attackers. But I don’t think Arsenal at their best today. We got lucky on that front. Both sides and the match in a word were scruffy. Very pleased with a point mind.

Were you watching the match in Braille?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Far from IMO. Ryan kept us in it with some stunning saves and far more worthy. Locadia may have scored (with help from Arsenal just as we helped them for their goal) but his all round game was awful (amongst a number of equals today) His first touch, control and passes were more often that not poor. As for his running, he looks like he’s stuck in treacle. No pace what so ever. I know this sounds harsh but I think today showed why he’s not a PL player despite the goal. I’ll add that Bernardo on another day could have cost us several goals. Proper and Stephens showed why we’ll never score goals in many matches, talk about inability to shoot and or turn attack into defence. Hope Knocky starts next game, Gross was much better today. Murray does what Murray does and Andone looked quick and nimble, what I was hoping for from attackers. But I don’t think Arsenal at their best today. We got lucky on that front. Both sides and the match in a word were scruffy. Very pleased with a point mind.

My god....possibly the most incorrect and idiotic post of 2018

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
great game Juergen... so happy for him . Way off the mark Portlock!! Really enjoyed this one ... and the guest pie went down so well with Harveys!

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014

Were you THAT drunk when you watched the game today?

Raskolnikov

Aug 13, 2014
Wivenhoe
I thought he really grew into the game today to be honest and would keep him in against Everton. I think his game today is best exemplified through the fact that everyone seemed to be playing the ball to him in the second half. Fwiw everyone around me in the North Stand agreed.

If you don't agree, you can surely at least appreciate that he was so much better today than some of the bollocks he has coughed up in the past

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Quality display from the current NSC hate figure. Love it when this happens :bowdown:

Of course the haters will denigrate his MOM display. It’s Barnes all over again
It's a lovely view from up here on the moral high ground, isn't Icy. :lol:

Bloke behind me was giving Big Jurg pelters at the start of the game.
Applauded him off saying 'he played really well today'. :rolleyes:

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
Was pleased for him today, needed that goal and what a confidence boost coming off to the crowd on their feet....hoping this pushes him onwards now

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I did. I assume you are just looking for some sort of reaction. Your comments were really quite offensive. OK maybe I'm not very au fait with this social media malarkey but I thought I was signed up to a Brighton and Hove Albion supporting website thingy.

Still looking for someone to tell me how to put portlock seagull on ignore.

Why don’t you just check out mumsnet instead? I mean, NSC isn’t for you if you can’t handle someone else’s opinion differing from yours. As for saying my comments are offensive, Jesus Christ...Where exactly?!! Unbelievable Jeff...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Lol. This idiot still posting here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's truly amazing just how many posters are prepared to make themselves look like fookin idiots, time and time again, in exactly the same way.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Were you watching the match in Braille?

How offensive, member of my family is blind. How about having a go at the deaf next, or disabled. Or since it’s xmas, why not take the piss out of kids in hospital. Quality post Fifth. Merry Xmas

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I haven’t been a fan of him at all, but he had a great game and I had him as our MoM, bar Ryan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here