Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] AFC Bournemouth vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
attachment.php
attachment.php

Bournemouth v Brighton

PREMIER LEAGUE

Venue: Vitality Stadium
Date: Saturday 22nd December 2018
Kick-off: 15:00 GMT
Referee: The Complete And Utter Shyster
Assistants: Darren Cann, Dan Robathan
Fourth official: Graham Scott

TEAM NEWS

Bournemouth forward Callum Wilson should be fit after suffering no ill effects from his midweek comeback from a hamstring injury.

Tyrone Mings is expected to overcome a hip injury but captain Simon Francis is doubtful with an ongoing groin problem.

Brighton remain without Shane Duffy, who is completing a three-match ban.

Jose Izquierdo is still sidelined with a knee injury while fellow winger Alireza Jahanbakhsh remains out with a hamstring problem.

MOTD COMMENTATOR'S NOTES

Tony Husband: Bournemouth are defending a fine home record against their seaside rivals from along the coast, and they really need to maintain that run.

After a super start, Eddie Howe's side have seen their form dip, albeit in a tough run of fixtures. With trips to Tottenham and Manchester United over Christmas, Cherries fans I talk to see this as a vital game.

It's a sign of Brighton's progress that in only their second season back in the top flight, new targets are being set. The talk isn't all about just staying up. Albion know they must continue to improve on the road.

Against an injury-hit Bournemouth side which has lost seven games out of eight, this appears a good chance to net a third away win.

WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY

Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe: "Our squad is strong. We saw that in the changes we made in the Chelsea game. We're in a good position and looking forward to our busy schedule.

"All of our focus right now is on Brighton. We know it's a really big game for us and we're excited by the challenge ahead of us."

Chris Hughton: "Eddie Howe has got them playing in the way he wants to, very high tempo, a lot of pace in the team.

"They have a way of playing and it always smacks me in the face that they are a team where everybody knows their roles and jobs.

"We expect a very difficult game, particularly at Bournemouth."

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Bournemouth are unbeaten in nine meetings with Brighton in all competitions (W5, D4).
    [*=left]Brighton's only win in their past 11 away games against Bournemouth was 2-0 in October 2007 (D2, L8).
Bournemouth

• [*=left]Bournemouth have lost six of their past seven Premier League matches, and seven of their last eight in all competitions.
    [*=left]They have conceded 16 goals in those seven league games, failing to keep a clean sheet.
    [*=left]The Cherries have been awarded six penalties this season, more than any other Premier League team, scoring with five of them.
    [*=left]Only Chelsea's Eden Hazard has provided more assists than Ryan Fraser's seven in this season's Premier League.
    [*=left]Callum Wilson has scored in his last two league appearances against Brighton.
Brighton

• [*=left]Brighton have lost their last two league matches.
    [*=left]They have kept just three clean sheets in their last 19 games in the Premier League, conceding 31 goals.
    [*=left]The Seagulls have scored a joint-high 13 goals from set-pieces in the league this season.
    [*=left]But they have conceded five penalties, more than any other top-flight side.
    [*=left]Glenn Murray's eight Premier League goals this season include just one in an away fixture.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Will take a draw before a ball is kicked , although on a bad run they are going to be dangerous if they find their mojo again. The Albion need to play at their best for anything short of that will just hand them the ball with which to gain confidence.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Last time I felt this pessimistic was Huddersfield away!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Much as I’d like to disagree, think Lawro’s right. There again, our record against Plucky is so bad recently it’s got to change someday and perhaps that’s today! 2-1 Brighton, Murray with a brace.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
A defeat, I am afraid.
If they get an early goal, I can see us going down by 2 or 3.
Cheerful aren't I?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
were loose

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth have apparently been a little unlucky recently, so have we with the offside goals against us. Fingers crossed our luck improves and theirs doesn’t. 3 points would be a great early Xmas present. Both managers singing each others praises in the Argus over the last couple of days. Complete and Utter Shyster is the unknown quantity in this game.

Please go for it CH with Andone and Bissouma

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here