Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Josh Kerr to Derry City on a possible loan deal.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Ex-manager Chris Houghton ffs
No mention of 'ex-manager Chris Houghton' in that article. Where CH is mentioned, they use the correct spelling of Hughton.

They obviously meant McCourts ex Brighton boss as opposed to CH being ex Brighton,.
I strongly suspect that is even more wide of the mark. Stupefyingly inaccurate, in fact. They mention that Josh Kerr is ex-Celtic, which is true and fair enough. No other 'ex-' anything and anyone in the linked article.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
No mention of 'ex-manager Chris Houghton' in that article. Where CH is mentioned, they use the correct spelling of Hughton.

I strongly suspect that is even more wide of the mark. Stupefyingly inaccurate, in fact. They mention that Josh Kerr is ex-Celtic, which is true and fair enough. No other 'ex-' anything and anyone in the linked article.

They have obviously corrected it since, it absolutely did say ex-Brighton manager Chris Houghton, very shoddy as not only is he very much still our manager, he represented their country enough times as both a player and as assistant manager, for them to at least spell his name correctly.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
They have obviously corrected it since, it absolutely did say ex-Brighton manager Chris Houghton, very shoddy as not only is he very much still our manager, he represented their country enough times as both a player and as assistant manager, for them to at least spell his name correctly.

Oh no it's that bloody border thing again. Derry is in the North, but play in the league in the South and a number of players from the team/area choose to represent the Republic.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Not looking good at all for him if a part time league effectively is the best he can get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Where did you get that from? I doubt we have paid anything like that for any of our youth team

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

2.5m for the Czech right back, at least a million for the Swede. The guy on loan to Spain was also very expensive. Just off the top of my head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
2.5m for the Czech right back, at least a million for the Swede. The guy on loan to Spain was also very expensive. Just off the top of my head.
I don't know that much detail, but I agree, I'm pretty sure I've seen reports of us paying seven figure sums for youth players. Sending them to the Irish League isn't likely to turn the academy into a profit making venture.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Seem to remember we paid a couple of million for this kid...last year of his contract now.

I seem to remember reading a while back the fee was quoted around £1.5 million.

Would be interested to see your source, if you can remember it. I record these sorts of details but I've never seen a figure reported for Kerr's transfer.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Now confirmed:-

[TWEET]1082277559600119810[/TWEET]

Paddy will teach him how to shimmy, talk incomprehensible bollocks, and vanish in the middle of a game, one imagines. But especially this:

edbut.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here