Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Drones spotted at LGW.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If they’re ‘military grade’ as some are quoting they could be in Australia operating them from a laptop..........

Would need an accomplice here as the battery life isn't great.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
'military grade' drone

image.jpg
(not a drone)

Professional drone

Moto-X-810x539.jpg

Large drone

dpilot717.jpg

Toy drone

VISUO-XS809HW-Wifi-FPV-2.0MP-Selfie-Drone-RC-Quadcopter.jpg

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Constant drone

Attachments

• fa6c74262f99e95a456719d904df931e.jpg
    fa6c74262f99e95a456719d904df931e.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 307

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
BBC2 series about air travel roughly 3 years ago stated there are a minumum of 10,000 planes in the air at any one time, carrying 1.2 million people. And growing fast.

Blimey, what's happening on those flights...?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Florin Androne

Attachments

• 16512C6E-FF91-481D-8A9A-B273344EA614.png
    16512C6E-FF91-481D-8A9A-B273344EA614.png
    210.9 KB · Views: 506

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
DRONniE Kray

Ronnie-Kray.jpg

:down: I'm going to bed, sorry.

SuperFurrySeagull

Sep 25, 2003
Cardiff By The Sea
Anybody else watching Plane Finder or Flightradar24 & seeing the rectangular, non-aeroplane objects moving around the airport, called 'leader..' or 'Fire..'? Can't see them at any other airport so presume they're something to do with the anti-drone effort. Can anyone shed any light?

Screenshot 2018-12-21 at 22.11.08 .png

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Anybody else watching Plane Finder or Flightradar24 & seeing the rectangular, non-aeroplane objects moving around the airport, called 'leader..' or 'Fire..'? Can't see them at any other airport so presume they're something to do with the anti-drone effort. Can anyone shed any light?

View attachment 103183

They're nothing to do with the drone business. They can be seen at other airports and are whatever support vehicles (maybe baggage carts etc) they've seen fit to give a designation to.
I've seen them at other airports previously.

One I just clicked on is a "follow me" vehicle.

Actually, apologies,the ones I can see are grey. The ones in your pic are yellow.

Last edited:

SuperFurrySeagull

Sep 25, 2003
Cardiff By The Sea
They're nothing to do with the drone business. They can be seen at other airports and are whatever support vehicles (maybe baggage carts etc) they've seen fit to give a designation to.
I've seen them at other airports previously.

One I just clicked on is a "follow me" vehicle.

Actually, apologies,the ones I can see are grey. The ones in your pic are yellow.

Fair enough & thanks for replying. Found them intriguing as I wasn't seeing them anywhere else at the time, tho I might still pretend they're some beta, top secret, laser-based, military capability, being deployed for the first time to defend our skies. Or baggage handlers..:down:

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Breaking News : Two people arrested for 'criminal use of drones' which caused major disruption at Gatwick Airport....

Probably sent some terriers down an underground tunnel to pull them out.

Anyway... let's see if it was Nathan Farquhart-Rogerson and Daniel Etherington-Fauntleroy, political activists from Kensington - or something more sinister....

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Breaking News : Two people arrested for 'criminal use of drones' which caused major disruption at Gatwick Airport....

Probably sent some terriers down an underground tunnel to pull them out.

Anyway... let's see if it was Nathan Farquhart-Rogerson and Daniel Etherington-Fauntleroy, political activists from Kensington - or something more sinister....

Nathan Farquhart-Rogerson and Daniel Etherington-Fauntleroy from Kensington are hardly going to be political activists, one works in "new media" and the other is doing an amazing unpaid internship where he might get a "credit".

I'd imagine they voted Brexit but lie about it.

They don't sound like alienated nerds to me. Nathan and Daniel can barely operate their iphones.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Nathan Farquhart-Rogerson and Daniel Etherington-Fauntleroy from Kensington are hardly going to be political activists, one works in "new media" and the other is doing an amazing unpaid internship where he might get a "credit".

They don't sound like alienated nerds to me.

Oi... leave Natty and Dan out of this. Let's hope Gatwick nick serves Chai Lattes and do mung bean wraps for breakfast.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Mine was cancelled into gatwick last night at 10.30pm. The alternative flight proposed was on 26th December, lolz which is one day before my return flight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here