Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Drones spotted at LGW.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Flight WJA3 from Toronto currently on its 5th lap around North Wales. Are the passengers rebelling about having to land at Liverpool?
Still going round. 6th lap

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Must be a lot of people involved, I thought the batteries on these things lasted less than 15 minutes !

Gatwick have said there are at least two. There was a 30 minute period when the airport tried to get operational again, and the drone/s reappeared.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I really feel sorry for those affected by this event, it's a regular occurrence these days around the London area, especially when these retards have access to laser pens also.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
My son's drone has software embedded in the drone, that prevents flight over commercial airspace.

He flew it a bit close to Southampton Airport last summer and it automatically returned to 'base'.

These people must have disabled the software.

Yes unfortunately it is fair easy to 'over-ride' the software. I did some work in this space, there are commercial solutions but airports don't seem to have taken them up on it. I suspect this incident might change that

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My flight to Gatwick is now cancelled. And EasyJet can’t fly me until Saturday night. And I have a reservation at St John tomorrow lunch time....I like a challenge!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
They send hawks up to catch pigeons. Could they not be trained to take out drones ?

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Flight WJA3 from Toronto currently on its 5th lap around North Wales. Are the passengers rebelling about having to land at Liverpool?
Still going round. 6th lap

Damn you, I'm now watching it to find out where its going to end up. Bonnie Scotland looks likely now.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here