Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Drones spotted at LGW.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Absolutely scandalous from the police and the media. No one should EVER be named when arrested until charged. I hope they get some good compensation which, in this instance, will be totally deserved.
What if they're guilty?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Didn't even own a drone and was at work during the incident. His boss rang the police but they never rang back :)

Did anyone see the front of the Mail this morning ? Pray they have good solicitors and absolutely cash in.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

I would be really sad if the Mail got into trouble and sued lots because of that minor indiscretion - NOT!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Absolutely scandalous from the police and the media. No one should EVER be named when arrested until charged. I hope they get some good compensation which, in this instance, will be totally deserved.

This.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Could it possibly have been this:

drone.jpg

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Talking about the disclosure of their personal details in the press, he said he was satisfied their arrest was lawful, and stressed that officers would never reveal such information.

He added: "We would not have chosen in any event to provide that information to anyone... and one might say that's probably hindered us in terms of how quickly we've been able to get to a resolution in terms of them being released from custody."

That last line is a stunner. So because they were named in the press, they thought they'd better keep them in custody a bit longer even though they were not suspects.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That last line is a stunner. So because they were named in the press, they thought they'd better keep them in custody a bit longer even though they were not suspects.

Health and Safety.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
There are various timelines online giving appearances and disappearances of the drone at specific times.
I recall a couple of times when it apparently "buzzed" the control tower, the second time allowing them to identify what drone it was.
The Copper suggests that they're dealing with what somebody has said they've seen. I would suggest that if the guys in the control tower didn't actually see a drone outside their window they shouldn't be in the control tower in the first place.
This has been a very strange series of events.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
The two suspects were fortunate they were a married couple living together in an apparently stable relationship. The press must have been slightly disappointed and spent hours looking for cracks which hinted at something more sinister.

The tabloids would have had a field day if the suspect had been a single man who lived on his own like Colin Stagg or Christopher Jefferies and would have painting him as a 'weirdo", "loner", "oddball" or "creepy" to use some of the epithets most commonly employed by the tabloids in such circumstances. In that respect the couple got off relatively lightly.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Could it have been a very small UFO ?

Lets not be size-ist here !

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Earlier today :
"A damaged drone found close to the airport on Saturday was being forensically examined, the force added."
I guess it could've been left there anytime. Or maybe it's just a rusty old bicycle in reality.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The whole thing seems to be getting more bizarre by the day. There were a few clips circulating of very obvious drones around what looked like Gatwick on certain news feeds......but surprisingly few given the supposed number of ‘sightings’ and the number of people that would have been looking for them. A poster on here said 30 people in his office were watching one at one point so doesn’t sound like they were mythical

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here