Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Drones spotted at LGW.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Seems to be distracting us from the government's inactivity on brexit quite effectively...

30a385cca54f4a901f1a29d6b41f7e7c.jpg

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
That's not going to happen here.

Don’t you believe it! 5 years max apparently, but only half will be served as we know. Then because of the crisis that is our prison service, we’ll let people go as early as possible for e.g. regularly brushing their teeth so it’s quite likely the offender will be out before had a chance to try all the illegal drugs available in HMPS

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Depressingly correct. I found out a couple of years ago a depressing fact about permanent road speed cameras - for a new site to be considered there has to have been a fatality caused by speeding, how fecked up is that?? :(
Bloody hell! That is shocking. Actually now you’ve said it, no, it isn’t. It’s just typical of, as you say, how fecked up things have become.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
55 sightings!

It's bound to be sone environmental activist!

This thread needs a poll now. My moneys on an enviro activist with a Russian accent. Over here visiting Crawley, admiring The Hawth

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Do keep up. Comments dripping with .. . . .there should be a word for this. Irony? Satire? Not exactly....anyway, rest assured, it is the oppostite of what I actually mean....

:tumble:

I've just been whooshed, haven't I???

:facepalm:

:lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
My son-in-law is currently shepherding and rounding up on a school skiing trip in the Italian Alps and is due to fly back Saturday, starting to get a bit jittery now.

Yes, I know. Extra day lift pass costs are a bit steep.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Strange, bordering on insensitive, question fella?! A 2 second click on BBC News will tell you the very obvious answer and underline many many people aren’t in your privileged position!!

You’re reading way too much into a flippant question resulting from tiredness.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Strange, bordering on insensitive, question fella?! A 2 second click on BBC News will tell you the very obvious answer and underline many many people aren’t in your privileged position!!

You’re reading way too much into a flippant question resulting from tiredness.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It is absolutely staggering how a 4ft piece of floating plastic has managed to completely cripple the second biggest airport in the UK for 24 hours+ and counting, grounding 800+ flights, scattering aircraft all over Europe, with still no end in sight. I mean, just THINK about that!

The fact that a geek with a toy from Maplins can bring a major european hub and its airlines to its knees at the busiest time of year is mindboggling.

England. How shit are we ??

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
It is absolutely staggering how a 4ft piece of floating plastic has managed to completely cripple the second biggest airport in the UK for 24 hours+ and counting, grounding 800+ flights, scattering aircraft all over Europe, with still no end in sight. I mean, just THINK about that!

The fact that a geek with a toy from Maplins can bring a major european hub and its airlines to its knees at the busiest time of year is mindboggling.

and therein lies the problem that has been ignored for years. It doesn't need a vivid imagination to understand the immense disruption these things can cause. Next time at the Amex and some nutjob sends one over, what then?

I dunno about "how shit we are", the reality is very little can be done. We'll eventually get geofencing at airports, then we'll need train stations, then, then, then

Sales of these things should have been restricted from the start, although their mere existance is probably enough to make them the favoured tool of extremists, loonies and chancers for the foreseeable

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Are you certain it’s a geek with a toy?

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Whoever it is IF they get caught I'm pretty sure they are going to be in for a very nasty shock. CPS will have the backing of MPs to go after every possible charge.

If/when caught, they should be taken straight to South Terminal where they'd get a chance to explain their actions to the affected passengers. Stick it on pay per view!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Now landed. China Eastern flight from Shanghai heading in now.

Can see Planes starting to come in.

hopefully this mess will be over soon.

We have planes that are meant to be leaving LGW departing form LHR today, still at least people are getting away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here