Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What pisses you off about Christmas?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
People at work using it as an excuse to do literally nothing from mid November to Mid January (same people who do the same thing for all of July and August. And Easter)
Cinnamon
Mulled wine
Shopping
Receiving pointless tat and having to pretend to be grateful
Being a stone heavier by Dec 28th
Too much cheese/not enough willpower
Turkey
Piped Christmas music everywhere
Having to have the ‘what are you doing for Xmas’ chat with EVERYONE and then having to suffer some seemingly endless regurgitation of their entire plan in great detail

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
It starts in October, the TV is full of shit Xmas adverts, standard of driving goes downhill as people have their minds elsewhere. I could go on but I won’t

Proper Bah Humbug me.

Xmas starts on 24 Dec and finishes on the evening of 26 December for me and I love those three days, the rest can go **** itself.
Standard of driving goes downhill ? Was it ever that good to start with ?

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Presents.

So much is spent on so many for gifts they don’t really want.

One of my brothers and I have agreed to not get gifts for each other or each other’s spouses and just get the kids stuff instead.

Honestly if I wanted something I’d just buy it.

I love the family time, food and alcohol though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
My daughter is a primary school teacher and she loves this time of year.

I hate seeing piles of presents that people don’t really want or even need.

I love sprouts though and the arguments they cause early evening. That’s my favourite part of Xmas.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I am not religious, don’t believe in the virgin birth, or St Nick, can’t stand the adverts, the fakeness, The presents no one needs or wants. The tv is shite, they feck about with the football fixtures, you have to spend time with relatives you can’t stand.

It’s bollox I hate it.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I really enjoy getting shitfaced. Everything else is a bit m’eh

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Wanting to buy people you love a special and personal present (not meaning expensive) and having no clue what to buy them because you've already bought anything you can think of previously.
Family members looking upset because you've bought another member of the family a 'special and personal' present this year but have run out of ideas for them.
Having to associate with couples when you can't stand one of them and can usually avoid the one you can't stand, at any other time of the year.
Having to see your ex 'for the sake of the children' when the ex has done nothing but make your life a misery for the rest of the year.
Christmas lights not working.
Spending shit loads of money on sod all.
Wrapping presents and having to put bows on, so it looks pretty under the tree.
Guests moaning that Christmas dinner isn't served at the time 'they' usually have it.
Shit loads of washing up.
Glitter....
Apart from all that I love it and am going to put on some festive tunes whilst I wrap presents that probably no one actually wants.
Rant over, Ho Ho Ho.
Merry Christmas. :kiss:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
The tortuous way radio people and advertisers over here in Dubai have to avoid saying “Christmas”, and instead go on about “the festive season” and other such phrases. They were advertising a promotion event featuring “warm grape” the other day: an acceptable way to say “mulled wine”.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The idea that nobody can dislike Christmas. You tell people you don't like Christmas and they look at you as though you should be sectioned.

I'll say it ..... I don't like Christmas !

This.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
My daughter is a primary school teacher and she loves this time of year.

I hate seeing piles of presents that people don’t really want or even need.

I love sprouts though and the arguments they cause early evening. That’s my favourite part of Xmas.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
What sort of behavior do you get?

IMG-20181219-WA0002.jpeg
Getting them in before end of March :wink::thumbsup:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
The tortuous way radio people and advertisers over here in Dubai have to avoid saying “Christmas”, and instead go on about “the festive season” and other such phrases. They were advertising a promotion event featuring “warm grape” the other day: an acceptable way to say “mulled wine”.

Merry Christmas!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Trying to find the end of the sellotape :rant:

Oh and finding glitter everywhere for 3 days after writing my Christmas cards.....FFS :glare:

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Living in the States it's the "Happy Holidays" salutation you get all the time instead of Happy Christmas or Merry Christmas.

I know it's meant to be inclusive (according to Google it includes Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year, Hanukkah and Kwanzaa) - but it's still bollox

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Always loved Christmas. My wife does too. How you keep Christmas is up to you but don't let the things that are 'wrong' about it get in the way of what's good.

Except for the annual nonsense of there being no trains on Boxing day

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here