Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What pisses you off about Christmas?

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
The constant upselling of food items, when you go out for a festive meal.
Friday last, went out for works meal, ordered the Turkey roast from the menu, then was asked if I wanted any more pigs in blankets at £1 each.
Its pressure selling to the customer, which is not really needed IMO.
:xmas:

That's outrageous. At least you get something for it though, unlike the Costa "Would you like to try today's special coffee blend today sir?", which is a coded message for "Would you like to pay 50p extra for absolutely nothing?"

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Retail. We've has xmas stock in our warehouse since the first week of September, so it gets a bit dull after a while.

Plus customers tend to be bigger wankpuffins this time of year, when there's really no need to be.

CorinthianCollector

Mar 6, 2018
Brightonian nomad
I’m not religious, nor am I into consumerism so I opted out of celebrating Christmas a few years ago.
I describe it as the time of year whe
re most people loose their shit. It’s funny how many people take my abstinence as some kind of insult and they can get quite upset with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Xmas starts on 24 Dec and finishes on the evening of 26 December for me and I love those three days, the rest can go **** itself.

It's a crying shame, but let's work on the basis that you're unlikely to be asked to script the Queen's Christmas Speech anytime soon.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It's a crying shame, but let's work on the basis that you're unlikely to be asked to script the Queen's Christmas Speech anytime soon.

Gutted, a grumpy old git speech delivered by Her Majesty would be so much more entertaining, for me anyway. :down:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Blue and White Santa hats
Christmas Jumpers
Anyone who thinks Die Hard is a Christmas Film
Low hanging Christmas decorations
Crowds out either Christmas shopping or looking at Christmas lights
10th rate TV Christmas specials - Yes I do mean Mrs Browns Boys, Miranda,,,,
Being forced to wear a Christmas cracker hat while eating lunch
Brussels Sprouts
People stocking up at the Supermarket who believe its either the end of the world or a no deal Brexit
Too much greed
Too much waste
Having to book up if you fancy eating eat although its probably not worth it, particularly if you get put close to a rowdy works outing
Running down of public transport
Christmas adverts
Being forced to be happy, as if 'come on its Christmas' is a happy pill that will immediately turn you into a smiley happy machine
Christmas eve boxes

Other than that its enjoyable

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
People that keep moaning about why they hate Christmas. Lighten up and enjoy it. A time to get all the family together. Fantastic.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I would like to co-opt this and say people who don't know how to act in a restaurant.

Oh, and dreary faux sentimental TV adverts

What sort of behavior do you get?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Actually. People who fly infrequently increase at Xmas and they’re a pain in the arse going through security. And if they have children even worse.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here