Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Matthew Ryan poppy shirt - black

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
True, but the hole they made was big enough to pull a shirt through, not an A4 piece of card! I see the equivalent De Gea shirt is currently going for more than £2K...might be worth someone ITK opening a few speculatively, to see who they get?

Mo Salah's went for £5,100, the couriers are on the look out for that one

Jul 7, 2003
Hi all, was lucky enough to secure the signed black Matthew Ryan away shirt in the recent poppy auction, unfortunately when my package arrived today I discovered the bottom of the envelope had been slit and the shirt removed, leaving just the certificate of authenticity. Gutted. Just posting on the off chance that anyone gets offered this fairly unique item. Have reported to the courier company but not they are not interested. Please keep a look out. Cheers, and Happy Christmas!

Contact Andy Naylor at the Argus - gets the word spread a bit wider. If it gets in the Argus may even get picked up by a national paper.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If it does pop up on Ebay, without the certificate of authentication it will be worth very little.

And what actual Brighton fan would buy it???

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Hi all, was lucky enough to secure the signed black Matthew Ryan away shirt in the recent poppy auction, unfortunately when my package arrived today I discovered the bottom of the envelope had been slit and the shirt removed, leaving just the certificate of authenticity. Gutted. Just posting on the off chance that anyone gets offered this fairly unique item. Have reported to the courier company but not they are not interested. Please keep a look out. Cheers, and Happy Christmas!

If I was you, I would check the envelope again. You were probably expecting an adult size shirt but being as Matty is so tiny the shirt will be the size of a postage stamp :D

Hope you eventually get this sorted. Good luck.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Hang on...
Football shirts go for HOW much?!?!?

£200ish to a good cause for something to hang on your wall, fair enough.....Thousands of pounds?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
And what actual Brighton fan would buy it???

I probably would, if I didn't know it was stolen.

Hang on...
Football shirts go for HOW much?!?!?

£200ish to a good cause for something to hang on your wall, fair enough.....Thousands of pounds?

Many, many shirts sell for in excess of a thousand pounds, and nothing to do with good causes. Right now, a bona fide Messi or Ronaldo matchworn shirt would comfortably fetch several thousand pounds. Your top EPL player match shirt would fetch over a thousand no problem. I'm not sure if they are investments, time will tell if a twenty year old Messi shirt can still command those sort of numbers. That said, any UK match shirts from the late 70s and early 80s, regardless of who wore them, fetch high hundreds easily. If a Peter Ward worn Brighton shirt came up, I'd be surprised if it didn't make £2K+

Jovis

Mar 30, 2012
Good news. After a company-wide search, the couriers have found the missing shirt 'on the floor' of one of their depots. When I went to collect it, they couldn’t elaborate on why it had taken three weeks to locate it, or how it had become removed from the packaging in the first place. But I’ve got it, which is great.

As a footnote, pre-Christmas I did contact Maty directly (via his agent) and quickly received an email from Player Liaison saying that he was really sorry to hear what had happened, and wanted to send a replacement signed match-worn shirt as soon as he returned from the Asia Cup. A great and much appreciated gesture. Top man. (I have, of course, let Player Liaison know that the replacement shirt is now no longer needed).

So all ends well!

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Pleased to hear it's been found, but all sounds a bit dodgy to me. "Oh, it has just turned up on the floor, sorry"

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Good news. After a company-wide search, the couriers have found the missing shirt 'on the floor' of one of their depots. When I went to collect it, they couldn’t elaborate on why it had taken three weeks to locate it, or how it had become removed from the packaging in the first place. But I’ve got it, which is great.

As a footnote, pre-Christmas I did contact Maty directly (via his agent) and quickly received an email from Player Liaison saying that he was really sorry to hear what had happened, and wanted to send a replacement signed match-worn shirt as soon as he returned from the Asia Cup. A great and much appreciated gesture. Top man. (I have, of course, let Player Liaison know that the replacement shirt is now no longer needed).

So all ends well!

Second shirt auctioned here for Chestnut Tree House Children's Hospice or REMF etc?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Blimey, that implies that their floors haven't been swept for three weeks - the mind boggles at what sort of detritus has been accumulating over that period.

Still, glad you got your short back

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Pleased to hear it's been found, but all sounds a bit dodgy to me. "Oh, it has just turned up on the floor, sorry"

Definitely sounds like it to me

Reminds me of when I lost my wallet in a bar. they couldn't find it anywhere. It wasn't until they realised that I worked in a bar two doors down that it was suddenly 'found' by a guy cleaning up - this was two days later. Apparently he hadn't realised that someone had been looking for it and it was just sat in the office ...

Jovis

Mar 30, 2012

I didn't believe them either....to the credit of the company who managed the mailing for the charity, they kept the pressure on the courier and updated me regularly. That probably helped with the 'recovery'.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
So sorry to hear of the loss of the shirt and hope you can get it back. Good luck.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I didn't believe them either....to the credit of the company who managed the mailing for the charity, they kept the pressure on the courier and updated me regularly. That probably helped with the 'recovery'.

Apologies didn't read to the last post before sending mine. Pleased for you, great news.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Blimey, that implies that their floors haven't been swept for three weeks - the mind boggles at what sort of detritus has been accumulating over that period.

Still, glad you got your short back

Yes, they need to stamp it out!

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

So all ends well!

Brilliant news.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Great news. I also like the idea of auctioning it on here for Charity if Maty can see his way clear of another one!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here