Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Matthew Ryan poppy shirt - black

Jovis

Mar 30, 2012
Hi all, was lucky enough to secure the signed black Matthew Ryan away shirt in the recent poppy auction, unfortunately when my package arrived today I discovered the bottom of the envelope had been slit and the shirt removed, leaving just the certificate of authenticity. Gutted. Just posting on the off chance that anyone gets offered this fairly unique item. Have reported to the courier company but not they are not interested. Please keep a look out. Cheers, and Happy Christmas!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
You paid a lot of money for that, thieving wankers have you reported it to the royal british legion and I'm sure if you report it to the club they would be able to sort something out for you from a future match. Hopefully it might pop up on ebay, although in this day and age nobody will do anything.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
What a crappy thing to happen. As it was an ebay auction you should be able to lodge a complaint with ebay which will force the couriers into doing something.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Hi all, was lucky enough to secure the signed black Matthew Ryan away shirt in the recent poppy auction, unfortunately when my package arrived today I discovered the bottom of the envelope had been slit and the shirt removed, leaving just the certificate of authenticity. Gutted. Just posting on the off chance that anyone gets offered this fairly unique item. Have reported to the courier company but not they are not interested. Please keep a look out. Cheers, and Happy Christmas!

Was the courier apc-overnight - if so how many complaint emails can we send until they do something

Leanne
customer.relations@apc-overnight.com

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
That's a shocking thing to happen, sorry to hear that, I must confess I was quite keen on that shirt too. I shall keep an eye out for it on various forums and groups I'm in.

My poppy shirt arrived intact, probably because it was Solly March's shirt and nobody else wanted it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Have reported to the courier company but not they are not interested.
Not interested? Was it posted with insurance (and if not, why not)? If so, they should be covering it.

Did you notice (that it was rather light and empty) before signing for it?

I hope you get some good news.

Jovis

Mar 30, 2012
Thanks all. Courier was APC, they aren’t interested as the package was signed for. True, as it wasn’t obviously damaged and I didn’t open it while they were there.

Have also reported to the Legion, the mailing company and the club, unfortunately none of whom can do anything. Will keep fingers crossed that it surfaces, and eagerly await the spoof ‘anyone wanna buy a Ryan shirt?’ thread!

Jovis

Mar 30, 2012
Not interested? Was it posted with insurance (and if not, why not)? If so, they should be covering it.

To be honest I didn’t, the package had some weight as there’s a certificate in a hard backed envelope and I wasn’t expecting it so soon as eBay only notified as posted today for delivery Thursday - Friday. Thought it was something else. Lesson learned I guess.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
To be honest I didn’t, the package had some weight as there’s a certificate in a hard backed envelope and I wasn’t expecting it so soon as eBay only notified as posted today for delivery Thursday - Friday. Thought it was something else. Lesson learned I guess.
:(

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

They charge £8 for delivery so there is no excuse for RBL not to send it insured delivery.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
That's a shocking thing to happen, sorry to hear that, I must confess I was quite keen on that shirt too. I shall keep an eye out for it on various forums and groups I'm in.

My poppy shirt arrived intact, probably because it was Solly March's shirt and nobody else wanted it.

Really stupid question, but how would the thief know the exact contents?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You paid a lot of money for that, thieving wankers have you reported it to the royal british legion and I'm sure if you report it to the club they would be able to sort something out for you from a future match. Hopefully it might pop up on ebay, although in this day and age nobody will do anything.

If it does pop up on Ebay, without the certificate of authentication it will be worth very little.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Really stupid question, but how would the thief know the exact contents?

I just checked the packaging on mine, no identifying marks, but it is a soft envelope so it would be obvious it’s clothing of some sort. Also, if the courier had any inkling it had come from Royal British Legion and knew about the poppy shirt auctions, then with the numbers being shipped by them at the moment would make it an easy guess. The thief was probably gutted when it wasn’t a Hazard or Aguero shirt.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I can't believe it! Somebody has actually just posted it on a thread for sail!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Jovis

Mar 30, 2012
If it does pop up on Ebay, without the certificate of authentication it will be worth very little.

True, but the hole they made was big enough to pull a shirt through, not an A4 piece of card! I see the equivalent De Gea shirt is currently going for more than £2K...might be worth someone ITK opening a few speculatively, to see who they get?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Tweet Maty........?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here