Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Oh oh jezzas gone and done it

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Top news cycle deflection.

With MPs about to sod off on holiday while the future of Brexitland is still not voted on, let's all obsess on what Magic Grandad muttered.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
... what Magic Grandad muttered.

I had to wait until the very last post on a slightly tedious thread (that I know I didn’t have to read) to find this little gem.

:smile:

I’ve not seen the footage, so can’t comment on what he may or may not have said. If he did say “stupid woman”, he’s an idiot. I’m surprised there’s so much debate about whether he said “woman” or “people” - the lip movements are quite different.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I had to wait until the very last post on a slightly tedious thread (that I know I didn’t have to read) to find this little gem.

I’ve not seen the footage, so can’t comment on what he may or may not have said. If he did say “stupid woman”, he’s an idiot. I’m surprised there’s so much debate about whether he said “woman” or “people” - the lip movements are quite different.

If you can be bothered to check page 1 of this thread, I posted a clip. You are right, the lip movements are different.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

what i find bemusing is that "stupid" anything was said. is that how our politicians converse, is "stupid people" really acceptable?

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Rough sleeping up 168%
1,000 made homeless every month
1 in 200 now sleeping rough (320,000 people)
1 in 14 people now using foodbanks, the majority of them in work.
4.5 million children living in poverty.
Hundreds of deaths linked to universal credit.
People who were invited here in the 1950s to help rebuild Britain deported.
Two and a half years (TWO AND A HALF ******** YEARS) to sort out Brexit, but heading for no deal, which will see businesses collapse within weeks and a shortage of food and medicine.

Yet you call the leader of the opposition a "vile individual" for (allegedly) calling the person who instigated these atrocities "a stupid woman".

Have a long, hard look at the utter state of yourself.

A terrorist sympathising Marxist. This isn’t about any government’s achievements, or lack of them, it’s about a power hungry anti-Semitic old man who has just been exposed as a mysogynist. Get off your high horse and back to your Guardian.

Last edited:

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
A terrorist sympathising Marxist. This isn’t about any government’s achievements, or lack of them, it’s about a power hungry old man who has just been exposed as a mysogynist. Get off your high horse and back to your Guardian.

People on high horses in glass houses...

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
A terrorist sympathising Marxist. This isn’t about any government’s achievements, or lack of them, it’s about a power hungry old man who has just been exposed as a mysogynist. Get off your high horse and back to your Guardian.
It's not mysogynistic to describe someone as a 'woman'. The 'stupid' part is applying to her behaviour not her gender descriptor.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Imbecilic cockwombling twunt would have been more appropriate

by the hoi poli certainly, i hope politicans to be a bit more civil. even in PMQ.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
what i find bemusing is that "stupid" anything was said. is that how our politicians converse, is "stupid people" really acceptable?

Not really acceptable, no. But not prejorative, not different to many other other things said in the House, and not particularly worthy of newspaper headlines, imo. “stupid woman” is a whole different level of comment - again, imo.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's not mysogynistic to describe someone as a 'woman'. The 'stupid' part is applying to her behaviour not her gender descriptor.

By calling someone a stupid woman, it implies all women are stupid.
He could have said don't be stupid.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Imbecilic cockwombling twunt would have been more appropriate

Indeed, and may have been less controversial.

Correct - I would love to know how many of the offended have also raised concerns about the misogyny that is common on this board?

N17

Jun 21, 2011
Indeed, and may have been less controversial.

Correct - I would love to know how many of the offended have also raised concerns about the misogyny that is common on this board?

Same on our boards. Say anything that sounds remotely racists or islamophobic and (rightly) it is met with rapid opposition, say anything ageist or sexist and it generally gets a pass or is met with amusement. People are very selective with what the choose to get offended about.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
My bloody country is going down the pan and this is the main headline in all the papers , ..........................Kinel .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here