Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Balogun or Duffy?

Who should play against Arsenal

• Balogun

Votes: 25 13.6%
  • Duffy

Votes: 159 86.4%

• Total voters

Duffy will be available for the Arsenal match; would you bring him back or keep Balogun?

Personally I would keep Balogun, he's done well in the games he's played although I do think we've missed Duffy's heading power, especially aginst Burnley.

I assume we will lose Balogun for a few games when the Africa cup is on but, barring accidents or cockups, I would keep him in the team till then.

Duffy will then get his chance to win his place back although presumably Burn will be with us by then? But I doubt he will get the nod over Duffy although to be fair, like most on here I've never seen Burn play!

Last edited:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Big Shane will be back for the Arsenal game I feel sure, he is one of the very first names on Chris Hughton's team sheet, and provides an immense partnership with Lewis Dunk.

We do now know how well Balogun can deputise too and l'm sure we will be seeing a lot more after the Asia Cup. As for Dan Burn though, I haven't seen much of him either, and injuries/suspensions apart, doubt we will see very much of him at all. I think he was signed more as an insurance policy than anything else.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Hughton has tough selection decisions all over the pitch. This is one of the easier ones. Duffy comes straight back in

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Personally I have always been an advocate of ' the person in possession of the shirt ' has to have a catastrophe of a game or the competition for his spot must do something special in training to oust them from their place .....

applied to this case Duffy had possession and had the catastrophe therefore Balogun gained the shirt and apart from one bad pass its his to keep unless Duffy has done something special in training

Just my opinion of course and no doubt CH will use his sense of loyalty and bring back Duffy as he has been first choice for a lot longer than Balogun

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Dunk and Duffy playing together are possibly our best assets, I think it would me madness to break up the partnership deliberately. I'd bring back Shane every time.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Dunk and Duffy playing together are possibly our best assets, I think it would me madness to break up the partnership deliberately. I'd bring back Shane every time.

This. Our PL foundations are built solidly on the holy trinity of Ryan, Dunk and Duffy. Plenty of able deputies, which is grand, but just plain silly to not play to your defensive strengths. About as daft as giving Locadia a run of games :dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here