Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] American Albion fan... WTF.... Has he done.....

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Yes, No, No.

I don't do ginger birds.

And why the hell is the seagull wearing Timberlands? Surely if it's from New York it should have a Pizza in its beak and a burger on each wing.

Why is it wearing an NYC Baseball cap?

Having said that-I think it's great that we are picking up fans around the world. Something none of us standing on the Rainham End ever considered-we were hoping supporters from Worthing, Eastbourne and Shoreham wouldn't feck off and find another club.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Apologies everyone, including our overseas new fans, I was clearly over sensitive yesterday.

I still think they need some help with the flag, like a match and petrol to begin with.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Ours is definitely better.

M7gc7DWK_400x400.jpg

It's a nice badge, but am I alone in thinking that the CN Tower's placement makes it look like the seagull is doing one of the things it was born to do all over the Queen City?

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Saw his song on Twitter yesterday. Quite like the cut of his jib to be honest. Really don't get the OP, although I do agree the boots are a bit odd and Gulls doesn't work unless it is, as pointed out NY Cgulls.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I clearly have a problem then, because I still don’t get it.
I understand ex pats, or 2nd generations relatives etc supporting Brighton, but randomly picking us to support seems contrived and almost a hipster kind of thing to do. I’m thinking too much into it or not enough, either way my brain can’t and does not want to compute.

Sometimes I wish we were still shite, it pisses me off when people who I know and work with never supported and even mocked our plight, now have season tickets, and claim to have been there in the dark days, loyal supporters.....

Yeah righto, this smacks of the same bullshit, it’s been a long day.

I apologise.

Still ain’t right.

New fans chap, probably best not to get too worked up about it, we wont be able to compete or prosper if we dont embrace all newbies wherever they come from
even converts become die hards

and claim to have been there in the dark days, loyal supporters.....

now this is a different ball game
They can claim all they want but the reality is who cares what they claim, they dont have the memories.
90`s rubbish, Archer , Bellotti, protests, York city, Doncaster, Hereford, Gillingham ......they cant steal those memories. They will probably and hopefully never experience anything like that ever. Many on here did and wont forget.
Take some teenagers sometimes with us now and when they hear the stories from back in the day of just how bad it was for the club they are astonished to the point they think we are making it up.........

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Orange County. California.
Barber alert over these dodgy replica badges - prepare for litigation.

Good job my wifey owns an I.P. Law firm then.

Currently Mr. Blooms firm owns two Patent Prosecutions in the U.S.

1. Is for items of clothing, printed materials and related matter, which solely uses the registered identification of Brighton and Hove Albion.

2. Is for the current circular logo as mentioned above, which is also registered as a trademark in the U.S.

BUT, freedom of use allows similar Marks to be created, if used in an environment, that is less than or equal to the total amount of income from said registered image.

A 9 year old, 5 aside football team 5,000 miles away will not be creating anywhere near the amount of income that a shop in the lower east side of anywhere would ever create, let alone some fun logos for various Albion related services that are self promoting and harmless.

It is very unrealistic for Mr. Barber, or any I.P. legal team to even begin to pursue fans of the club who may have massaged the logo, especially overseas in any form of "Litigation". To even open a law suit in America will cost the best part of $100k, nice idea though sir.

One suggests, that one learns more about said subject before one sticks one neck out.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003

1. Is for items of clothing, printed materials and related matter, which solely uses the registered identification of Brighton and Hove Albion.

2. Is for the current circular logo as mentioned above, which is also registered as a trademark in the U.S.

BUT, freedom of use allows similar Marks to be created, if used in an environment, that is less than or equal to the total amount of income from said registered image.

A 9 year old, 5 aside football team 5,000 miles away will not be creating anywhere near the amount of income that a shop in the lower east side of anywhere would ever create, let alone some fun logos for various Albion related services that are self promoting and harmless.

It is very unrealistic for Mr. Barber, or any I.P. legal team to even begin to pursue fans of the club who may have massaged the logo, especially overseas in any form of "Litigation". To even open a law suit in America will cost the best part of $100k, nice idea though sir.

One suggests, that one learns more about said subject before one sticks one neck out.

Whoosh, I think, but interesting nonetheless.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015

Personally, i thought he was just being tongue in cheek. It's now all become very SERIOUS. Perhaps close thus thread now before any more damage is done.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Quite frankly, if he wants to follow the Albion then he’s more than welcome.

This. Good luck to him. There are FAR more important things to get annoyed/irritated by.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Quite frankly, if he wants to follow the Albion then he’s more than welcome.

Exactly. I welcome all the new fans. If I were to be pissed off with any of the newer fans, (and I stress I'm not but IF I wanted to find a group to moan about), it certainly wouldn't be foreign ones who've only just found out about us. I can't even get worked up about those locals who could have gone to the Goldstone during the Archer era, could have made the long trip to Priestfield, could have sat in the pissing rain at Withdean - but didn't. Again I can't really blame people for not wanting to waste their time and money watching crap football in crap surroundings, (I didn't go all the time), but quite like the Amex and the PL.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Exactly. I welcome all the new fans. If I were to be pissed off with any of the newer fans, (and I stress I'm not but IF I wanted to find a group to moan about), it certainly wouldn't be foreign ones who've only just found out about us. I can't even get worked up about those locals who could have gone to the Goldstone during the Archer era, could have made the long trip to Priestfield, could have sat in the pissing rain at Withdean - but didn't. Again I can't really blame people for not wanting to waste their time and money watching crap football in crap surroundings, (I didn't go all the time), but quite like the Amex and the PL.

We were driving down on Saturday, (for Sunday's match), and the rain was biblical when we arrived, at my folks' house which overlooks the Withdean pitch. It was freezing too - truly a disgusting afternoon. There was an amateur game being played at the time. My oldest lad - 20 now, about 5 when he and his younger brother had their first season tickets - looked at me, and said "We used to sit in this, to watch Al Bangura. What were we thinking!?"

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield

You’ve been living in America too long! 😂😂😂😂😂🤪

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here