Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Sky now censoring football chants?!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
They just did it again for the same chant albeit the song was quieter that time so it was less noticeable. It's well after 9 so why are they doing that?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
'Can't believe it, you're ****ing shit'

The Derby fans chant a minute ago. But as I was chuckling to myself at the infantile humour, a dubbed football crowd sound was clearly placed over the 'offending' chant. I am pretty annoyed about this, where will it end?

How did the ref not card Tomori for that two footed tackle...and not red Bogle in the first half

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I remember listening to Cantor & Aspinall apologising for a Burnley fan, who must have been right outside their commentary box.
Every other word was a profanity. Get it in the ******** mixer.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
I find it amazing and hypocritical coming from Sky. I have had meetings at Sky in the past as part of my job, and the staff there swear more than at any other workplace I have been to.

Not sure it's hypocritical - Sky don't want swearing on their broadcast to their customers, much like Iceland don't want their drivers swearing at their customers when dropping off the shopping (other companies can also deliver shopping without use of the vernacular).

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It's actually a tricky one for broadcasters because I guess officially if it's before the 9pm watershed then there shouldn't be any swearing so I suppose nowadays they have to be seen to be at least apologising and/or trying to quieter the worst chants. I suspect it may not be long before a "cover all" viewer discretion warning is given before each match. Ridiculous but those are the times we live in.

Perhaps we should ban all under 18s from football stadiums lest their tender young ears hear the f word. Kick offs for live TV matches after the 9 o'clock watershed. You know it makes sense, and there'll be no trouble for fans getting home on public transport after the match, will there?

The Rattler

NSC Patron
Jun 30, 2010
Dullsville, Herts
Perhaps we should ban all under 18s from football stadiums lest their tender young ears hear the f word. Kick offs for live TV matches after the 9 o'clock watershed. You know it makes sense, and there'll be no trouble for fans getting home on public transport after the match, will there?

19 March 2016
MK Dons (A)
Last minute, penalty to MK
My 10-year-daughter turns to me and says...

"Fvckin sh!tting hell"

My heart skipped a beat, a VERY PROUD moment!!

...didn't tell her Mum though!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
19 March 2016
MK Dons (A)
Last minute, penalty to MK
My 10-year-daughter turns to me and says...
"Fvckin sh!tting hell"
My heart skipped a beat, a VERY PROUD moment!!

...didn't tell her Mum though!
I know what you mean. Back in the 50s and 60s they used to have a boys' enclosure at Anfield, for the use of unaccompanied young lads. It was widely believed this was to protect the rest of the Kop!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I suspect Sky are just applying the broadcasting regs after a quiet word from Ofcom.

Microphones are a lot better than they used to be.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I suspect Sky are just applying the broadcasting regs after a quiet word from Ofcom.

Microphones are a lot better than they used to be.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

You may be right about OFCOM, but mics were always able to pick up chants and shouting from the crowd very well.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
'Can't believe it, you're ****ing shit'

The Derby fans chant a minute ago. But as I was chuckling to myself at the infantile humour, a dubbed football crowd sound was clearly placed over the 'offending' chant. I am pretty annoyed about this, where will it end?

Been going on for a while. I've noticed it for a couple of seasons.:rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here