Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Michael Robinson

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Good luck Michael!

On of my enduring memories of him is that badly grafted team photo where they added him into the back row at a later date as he wasn’t around at the time of the original shoot. Anyone else remember this?

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Good luck Michael!

On of my enduring memories of him is that badly grafted team photo where they added him into the back row at a later date as he wasn’t around at the time of the original shoot. Anyone else remember this?

Certainly do

985755da8a11a7c15d023246372d698b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Proper old fashioned center forward for us and never gave anything less than 100% every game
If he fights this ******* with the same commitment he showed as a player he has nothing to worry about

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
And Smith Must Score - Issue 4 February 1989 page 22

"Goodbye to you Michael Robinson
Why Liverpool paid so much we'll never know
Those dodgy knees Michael Robinson
We'd just wind you up and let you go

Why did you pass to Gordon on that Wembley afternoon
We think you have scored the third yourself.
Look around you, all you saw were unsympathetic eyes
Stroll around the ground until we lost again

Goodbye to you Michael Robinson
Somewhat overrated at Manchester
One hundred per cent Michael Robinson
All the same you were a great truer.

Running into spaces where no balls would ever go
Can't blame you for joining Liverpool
It's a little secret that you scored just over forty goals
Most of all you passed in the last min.

Goodbye to you Michael Robinson
At least you did rid us of Ted May bank
To Osasuna, Michael Robinson
Not even good enough for QPR

Standing on a terrace on a Saturday afternoon
Hoping you'd be playing today, yeah
Laugh about him, shout about him
Then he'd go and score
Every time you didn't play we'd lose

Where have you gone Michael Robinson
A terrace turned its incredulous eyes to you
What's that you say Michael Robinson?
The ankles have finally given way...."

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Absolutely. Loved him when he played for us
Always gave 100%. He always chased down what would normally be considered a lost cause often succeeding. Best wishes Michael. You'll always be right up there as far as I'm concerned.

Bit of MR in Andone ..he's the first player for a while that has reminded me of MR...never gave up ..knew his strengths..utmost respect for the guy and wish him well in this fight

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Great, great player for us. As others have said he didn't know the meaning of the term 'lost cause'. 100%, whole-hearted, committed, all those terms are true and more. Plus he wasn't just a big lump, he was genuinely skillful and it was no surprise when a big club (Liverpool) came in for him.

All the best, Robbo.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
In the minds eye you still see them in their pomp, you forget they get older and can get less healthy.

Him and Andy Ritchie were good mates (both seemed less inclined to be seen out and about with others within the squad at the time), didnt stop them having a fight with each other in the tunnel during half time of one game though.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Very sorry to see this news, one of the great Brighton players in my earlier days at the Goldstone. Wish Michael all the very best in his battle, always had great admiration for the fella both on the pitch and for what he did afterwards, becoming a TV presenter in a second language - very impressive individual.

Was watching this highlights package from the 1983 FA Cup run only the other day, he features prominently of course. Loved that day on the East Terrace as he took former club Man City apart in the 4th round.

After he finished playing Michael had a successful career on TV; he was the Spanish TV equivalent of Desmond Lynam.

He was also a Director of Cadiz CF and I met him at a game when I was a season ticket holder there some years ago.

I'm not sure if he is still with the club but I have sent a copy of this thread to a friend of mine who is a Director with a request that he passes this thread on to Michael so he can see all the great messages we have all left and so he knows how well he is remembered by those of us lucky enough to have seen him play.

Get well soon Michael, it would be great to see you at the Amex one day!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Very sorry to see this news, one of the great Brighton players in my earlier days at the Goldstone. Wish Michael all the very best in his battle, always had great admiration for the fella both on the pitch and for what he did afterwards, becoming a TV presenter in a second language - very impressive individual.

Was watching this highlights package from the 1983 FA Cup run only the other day, he features prominently of course. Loved that day on the East Terrace as he took former club Man City apart in the 4th round.

just got wound up when Smith missed that again

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Sad to hear. A fine player for the Albion who always put in a shift.

Good luck and get well soon Michael

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here