Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Youssef Msakni

teammelli

Jul 25, 2018
Is this a bit of rivalry talking I wonder.

Obviously it would be a step up moving to the premier league, out of interest what standard is the football in Qatar, and is it comparable to Iran’s leagues ?

Neither of them are good. Iran's league is in general considered more competitive, though not by much. The standard of football is different: Qatar has money and they pour it into pitches, training facilities and stadiums, most of which stay empty even in big domestic games. Meanwhile, Iran has very little resources but very passionate fans, similar to PL. I would say Iran's league has more teams on an equal footing, so the competition is respectable (though sometimes boring and many mistakes compared to European teams) whereas due to how terrible the majority of Qatar's teams are, the competition is lacking and even the "big" clubs like Al Sadd and Al Duhail (where Youssef is) don't develop their players well. Player after player has left the Iran league for the Qatari league for the significant increase in salary, and they invariably return in much worse form and with significantly lower stamina. This is also a main reason that Qatar's national team is always crappy and they have to import and nationalize Brazilians, etc to even have a shot at competing (https://www.dreamteamfc.com/c/news-gossip/235119/qatar-2022-world-cup/)

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Neither of them are good. Iran's league is in general considered more competitive, though not by much. The standard of football is different: Qatar has money and they pour it into pitches, training facilities and stadiums, most of which stay empty even in big domestic games. Meanwhile, Iran has very little resources but very passionate fans, similar to PL. I would say Iran's league has more teams on an equal footing, so the competition is respectable (though sometimes boring and many mistakes compared to European teams) whereas due to how terrible the majority of Qatar's teams are, the competition is lacking and even the "big" clubs like Al Sadd and Al Duhail (where Youssef is) don't develop their players well. Player after player has left the Iran league for the Qatari league for the significant increase in salary, and they invariably return in much worse form and with significantly lower stamina. This is also a main reason that Qatar's national team is always crappy and they have to import and nationalize Brazilians, etc to even have a shot at competing (https://www.dreamteamfc.com/c/news-gossip/235119/qatar-2022-world-cup/)

Thank you for that insight, and judging by your reply this rumour is just that and nothing more.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
In bed before Christmas, so thought I may as well do a little BHAFC news search on twitter as everything else is sorted. Seems as though this one won't go away, now there is a report from goal.com actually CONFIRMING that he'll be joining us on a loan-to-buy, contrary to what AN has told us.
https://twitter.com/goaluk/status/1077254952987361281?s=21

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Seems to be the main albion rumour.

Probably makes sense as he can play as the Groß alternative - which is the obvious gap in the squad.

Would need a non-HGP to drop out of the 25 man squad - likely either Schelotto or Suttner as we don't need 6 fullbacks in the 25.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
In bed before Christmas, so thought I may as well do a little BHAFC news search on twitter as everything else is sorted. Seems as though this one won't go away, now there is a report from goal.com actually CONFIRMING that he'll be joining us on a loan-to-buy, contrary to what AN has told us.
https://twitter.com/goaluk/status/1077254952987361281?s=21

Let’s not forget it was last Christmas day the Dembele story hit Sky Sports News !

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Youssef Mskani

Anyone else seen these rumours?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Anyone been tracking his location ?

[tweet]1077297642294730752[/tweet]

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Who is the greatest, Salah or Msakni?

This is the question that Wassim Tube floats in the below showreel:

https://youtu.be/60_NWUevkXo

I’m up to excitement level 7 on this (which could be described as enthusiastically turgid).

Could he be with us next week?

We need urgent back-up for March & Knocky with Ali-J on international duty and Jose injured, could this fella fit the bill?

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Who is the greatest, Salah or Msakni?

This is the question that Wassim Tube floats in the below showreel:

https://youtu.be/60_NWUevkXo

I’m up to excitement level 7 on this (which could be described as enthusiastically turgid).

Could he be with us next week?

We need urgent back-up for March & Knocky with Ali-J on international duty and Jose injured, could this fella fit the bill?

Going on the evidence of that video, I’ll say Salah, what’s the highest standard league Msakni has played in ? And the goals in that video for Tunisia weren’t against any European/S. American teams of any repute but I’m sure our recruitment team have done their homework

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
While I like what our recruitment department has done on the whole, I still think we should have bought a tried and trusted Premier League-ready midfield player. How many points have we dropped while waiting to find out whether Bissouma, Alireza, Izquierdo and Locadia could cut it in English football? I know home-grown players or foreign players with a year or two over here come at a premium but that is part of the reason why. You know what you are getting and that they know how to play in this league. Wages, of course, are also an issue, but we’re playing with the big kids now.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
While I like what our recruitment department has done on the whole, I still think we should have bought a tried and trusted Premier League-ready midfield player.

We almost got hold of McGinn who is now being lorded as the best player in the Championship and an absolute bargain at £2.75m. I’m sure he’d have fitted in just fine, I don’t think EPL experience is necessarily needed for a player to perform straight-out-the-box.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here