Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Luton Town FCs new ground application

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
It's an interesting design but I feel cold just looking at it.

The floodlight gantries have the effect of creating what looks like gigantic holes in the structure. I can imagine the winter winds howling through.

But if they're happy with it, I'm happy for them.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I like Luton. I know I’m in the minority. But they have decent owners now, a great manager and I feel their fans have been shat on a lot over the years so we should have some affinity with them.

Would be a great story if they could get back to the top flight and get a new stadium like we did.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I think they will reach the playoffs in the first season of the Championship under Jones. His work ethic is unrivalled and he will have done his two mile run before the players turn up to training in the morning. He is a good example of someone who leads by example and he has had a few years of installing his football style onto his free scoring squad. They will be better prepared for next season than any other team in the Championship. Hopefully we won't be part of their fixtures.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I like that they're trying something a bit different. It does look a bit brutalist though. I'm guessing there were some strict budget restraints involved in the design.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think they will reach the playoffs in the first season of the Championship under Jones. His work ethic is unrivalled and he will have done his two mile run before the players turn up to training in the morning. He is a good example of someone who leads by example and he has had a few years of installing his football style onto his free scoring squad. They will be better prepared for next season than any other team in the Championship. Hopefully we won't be part of their fixtures.

Well, lets not get TOO carried away. We're only just coming up to the halfway point of the season, they're going well, but they are by no means a shoo-in for promotion to the Championship just yet.

If they do get promoted, they'll do extremely well to consolidate in that division. There are a lot of big fish with big budgets, just staying up would be an achievement in itself given the size of the club and the resources. I think top 6 would be highly fanciful.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I like Luton. I know I’m in the minority. But they have decent owners now, a great manager and I feel their fans have been shat on a lot over the years so we should have some affinity with them.

Would be a great story if they could get back to the top flight and get a new stadium like we did.
Tommy Robinson supporter?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Nah, shit club.

There are however two reasons to hope they do well. 1) Nathan Jones and 2) To pip Portsmouth to promotion. I suppose you can add 3) easy train journey for away games.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Regardless of the design, the promising turn of fortune on the pitch, that they may or may not have decent owners now, that their fans have been through the mill over recent years......
...........its still going to be in Luton.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
"Complications could still arise from restoring the site, which has been contaminated from previous industrial use and has a river run through it. The club hopes to move into their new home before the start of the 2020/21 season."

Yeah, good luck with that :facepalm:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here