Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Surrey_Albion View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really! Never found New den intimidating its nothing on the old Den now that was intimidating especially after the play offs
    And when we ended their 50 odd unbeaten home record, in fact anytime you went there.
    Joint winner NSC Predictor League 2017/18

• North Stand Chat

advertising

With a Monkey Man Plan Monkey Man's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      It's an interesting design but I feel cold just looking at it.

The floodlight gantries have the effect of creating what looks like gigantic holes in the structure. I can imagine the winter winds howling through.

But if they're happy with it, I'm happy for them.
      Chicken Run, November 10, 1979.

0 Not allowed!
      I like Luton. I know I’m in the minority. But they have decent owners now, a great manager and I feel their fans have been shat on a lot over the years so we should have some affinity with them.

Would be a great story if they could get back to the top flight and get a new stadium like we did.

1 Not allowed!
      I think they will reach the playoffs in the first season of the Championship under Jones. His work ethic is unrivalled and he will have done his two mile run before the players turn up to training in the morning. He is a good example of someone who leads by example and he has had a few years of installing his football style onto his free scoring squad. They will be better prepared for next season than any other team in the Championship. Hopefully we won't be part of their fixtures.
      Bitterne,Southampton. In the land of wrong stripes and boo-boys!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Cadiz Seagull View Post
      Will you still be able to see that lady in her kitchen when you are having a jimmy?
      But not as good as the ladies doing their aerobics in full view of the South Stand at Withdean.
      Just a hedgehog on the motorway of life.

0 Not allowed!
      I like that they're trying something a bit different. It does look a bit brutalist though. I'm guessing there were some strict budget restraints involved in the design.
      Abso-bloody-exactly

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by symyjym View Post
      I think they will reach the playoffs in the first season of the Championship under Jones. His work ethic is unrivalled and he will have done his two mile run before the players turn up to training in the morning. He is a good example of someone who leads by example and he has had a few years of installing his football style onto his free scoring squad. They will be better prepared for next season than any other team in the Championship. Hopefully we won't be part of their fixtures.
      Well, lets not get TOO carried away. We're only just coming up to the halfway point of the season, they're going well, but they are by no means a shoo-in for promotion to the Championship just yet.

If they do get promoted, they'll do extremely well to consolidate in that division. There are a lot of big fish with big budgets, just staying up would be an achievement in itself given the size of the club and the resources. I think top 6 would be highly fanciful.
      "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post
      I like Luton. I know I’m in the minority. But they have decent owners now, a great manager and I feel their fans have been shat on a lot over the years so we should have some affinity with them.

Would be a great story if they could get back to the top flight and get a new stadium like we did.
      Tommy Robinson supporter?
      You make me

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post

Nah, shit club.

There are however two reasons to hope they do well. 1) Nathan Jones and 2) To pip Portsmouth to promotion. I suppose you can add 3) easy train journey for away games.
      Quote Originally Posted by Baldseagull View Post
      Calderon is the type of guy that if your daughter married, you would worry that she was not good enough for him.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
      Tommy Robinson supporter?
      If that's how you pigeon hole people, your are far sadder than the person you quote.