Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolph Ins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What I meant by that was at 2 down we had a chance to get back in the game which we did but wouldn't have at 3 down. What the score at half time would have been with Biss and Andone on I haven't a clue.
    No, it's all conjecture, that much is true.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      We were only a post away from going 3-0 down 5 minutes after Andone came on...

2 Not allowed!
      The amount of nearly goals the team has almost conceded this season is astronomical.
      We have got to be top of the league in pretend goals.
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.

0 Not allowed!
      Fair play to Stephens for his comments in the Argus:

"In my position too, there's Biss who has come in and done very well. He was probably unfortunate not to play.

"It's nice to have so many starts for one club. I've enjoyed my time here and hopefully I can have many more."

The second quote sounds as if he is resigned to getting less game time and he knows that Bissouma is going to be picked ahead of him in the future. He'll probably be gone before his contract expires.

I like a midfield 3 of Propper, Bissouma and Kayal, the former for both seeing the pass and the latter because they are pests and full of energy.

Are their websites with the stats of miles covered per player per game? I would be interested to see what Bissouma has been doing.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by sussex_guy2k2 View Post
      If you go out with a mentality that you want to lose by as little as possible then guess what... you always lose, with the only variant being by how much. We went out there yesterday accepting our fate for the first 60 minutes, and that's the most disappointing thing as a paying fan - I don't want to pay to turn up and see my team set up to lose the game by as little as possible because that attitude at top level sport is just pathetic.,

And therein lies the center of most peoples' complaints - we don't mind losing (heck, we're used to it as Brighton fans), it's the manner of a loss which is the most galling thing. And in our case this season, it's that the manner of our losses tend to represent a pattern in how we lose games.
      I'm not sure that the mentality of ay footballer or manager is to go lose by as little as possible – more to keep a clean sheet, or to stay in the game for as long as possible, without being completely overrun. To a point, that strategy (if, indeed, it WAS that strategy) worked yesterday but whether it would've been a different story with a different starting line-up – or if either team had played differently (Chelsea had SO much time on the ball at certain points it was like a training game) will never be known.

I can see it from your side though – Jnr Bobkin said something before kick-off along the lines of 'I reckon it'll be a draw, but if not, I just hope there are lots of goals...

0 Not allowed!
      Our result against Chelsea was........better than Man City's was against them last week. Chelsea had 3 shots on target against us (5 against Man City). Chelsea had one corner in each game. Selective stats I know, but we're perhaps not quite as crap as some would make out.
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by A1X View Post
      Andone should be first choice now ahead of Murray for me.
      He was against Burnley and didn't get a sniff.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by jimhigham View Post
      I don't think there's such a thing as a "free hit" in Hughton's view. Every match has the possibility of wrecking our goal difference so we start by looking to contain against the bigger clubs and take it from there.
      Had Balogun not gone for an own-assist, may well have worked out too.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by chaileyjem View Post
      He was against Burnley and didn't get a sniff.
      It's so easy for people to see the last half hour where Chelsea basically switched off and were happy with their 2 goal cushion. Andone came on with Chelsea already sitting back, and after Alonso hit the post, it sparked us into a bit of life. Not sure Andone starting in that game would have made a difference, something we can't know, but just because we looked better in the last 1/2 hour isn't confirmation that the selection was wrong in my eyes. I would like to see Bissouma and Andone in the team, but can see why they didn't yesterday.

0 Not allowed!
      [QUOTE=Nobby;8703483]Ah got it now I think.
      Took me a while to work out YB as well......
      Nobby you are so right. These abbreviations do my head in. They were born with names so bloody use them. End of rant.