Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Thanks for my trip to Seaford, Southern Fail ... not

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Astonishing stupidity after the game from our old chums at Southern Fail.

Eight carriage train turns up at Falmer. We're directed to the rear carriages by the stewards, which, being closest to the entry gate, became rammed.

Train pulls in to Lewes and we're told it's a short platform so we need to leave from carriage 6. Two rammed carriages of people hadn't even moved when the doors closed and the train pulled out. Hundreds stuck on the train watching Lewes disappear to our left.

Tom (our very invisible conductor) comes on the PA to tell us the train was running slightly late, so they decided to make it a short stop at Lewes and just crack on to Newhaven and Seaford. Only option - stay on the train to Seaford, stay on and it will be going back. 40 glorious minutes enjoying the sights of Newhaven - both there and back.

What utter, utter f%$kery. Inexcusable, incompetent - and so unsurprising.

Tom did say that they'd sort it out for the next game. That'll be the Boxing Day game when there are NO trains!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Astonishing stupidity after the game from our old chums at Southern Fail.

Eight carriage train turns up at Falmer. We're directed to the rear carriages by the stewards, which, being closest to the entry gate, became rammed.

Train pulls in to Lewes and we're told it's a short platform so we need to leave from carriage 6. Two rammed carriages of people hadn't even moved when the doors closed and the train pulled out. Hundreds stuck on the train watching Lewes disappear to our left.

Tom (our very invisible conductor) comes on the PA to tell us the train was running slightly late, so they decided to make it a short stop at Lewes and just crack on to Newhaven and Seaford. Only option - stay on the train to Seaford, stay on and it will be going back. 40 glorious minutes enjoying the sights of Newhaven - both there and back.

What utter, utter f%$kery. Inexcusable, incompetent - and so unsurprising.

Tom did say that they'd sort it out for the next game. That'll be the Boxing Day game when there are NO trains!

Hey, I'd swap the M25 for all that utter f%$kery, any day :cool:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Park and ride is running really well these days from Mill Hill. Seems like there are far more busses on that route than in the past. Did I hear that Mithras house P&R had stopped, therefore I wonder if the busses have been redirected to us?

Anyway, we had been waiting for at least an hour previously, but now it is around 30 minutes!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Must be a JCL as even I know that you shouldnt get on the back portion of the train if you need to change :facepalm:

It’s quite common the stewards direct you there [to fill
Up carriages ] because normally they give you enough time to walk up through when the train pulls into Lewes.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Just missed the 1527 to Lewes after the game. The next Lewes train left at 1608. Forty minutes waiting on the platform, just what I wanted before the long drive back to Devon.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Usual 30 min walk to the ground from parking spot a couple of miles away for me.......lovely afternoon for a stroll (twice)

Junior went there by train from Burgess Hill today, said it was a total shitshow at Brighton pre-match

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Not always Southern’s fault. People are absolutely retarded when it comes to getting on a busy train.

I got on the first train back to Brighton which I assumed was a re directed Lewes to London train with about a thousand carriages. The ‘move down the back guys’ man tried to explain to people that they could go to the back and walk down the train into the carriages not on the platform which unfortunately was totally beyond their comprehension.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
It’s quite common the stewards direct you there [to fill
Up carriages ] because normally they give you enough time to walk up through when the train pulls into Lewes.

The Seaford train normally waits about 5 mins at Lewes to connect up with the London/Eastbourne train arriving. The fact that this train didn't give enough time for everybody to be able to get off, is entirely Southern Fail's fault.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Just missed the 1527 to Lewes after the game. The next Lewes train left at 1608. Forty minutes waiting on the platform, just what I wanted before the long drive back to Devon.

Exactly the same as you, made all the better by the fact an Eastbourne train was just 2 minutes behind that Seaford one too after the 40 minute no train show/delay.

Also had the joy of various Mercedes and Range Rover driving Chelsea fans with personalised number plates at Lewes station car-park deciding that, presumably as they come from London and are better than the rest of the human race, to pull out/reverse/get in front of anyone else snaking out of the Lewes station car park queue. My father in his late 70's driving and having a 50 year old, overweight, Chelsea fan with a shaved bald head make a hand gesticulation at him for no reason was charm personified and a undoubted highlight of today's post match experience.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

That train was maddeningly, not even full. The stewards are imbeciles.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Usual 30 min walk to the ground from parking spot a couple of miles away for me.......lovely afternoon for a stroll (twice)

Out of interest, where are you parking? I have started wondering about trying that as I can't afford the coach as there are 3 of us, The Bridge is infuriating AND costs money, and the trains are pretty rubbish.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Exactly the same as you, made all the better by the fact an Eastbourne train was just 2 minutes behind that Seaford one too after the 40 minute no train show/delay.

Also had the joy of various Mercedes and Range Rover driving Chelsea fans with personalised number plates at Lewes station car-park deciding that, presumably as they come from London and are better than the rest of the human race, to pull out/reverse/get in front of anyone else snaking out of the Lewes station car park queue. My father in his late 70's driving and having a 50 year old, overweight, Chelsea fan with a shaved bald head make a hand gesticulation at him for no reason was charm personified and a undoubted highlight of today's post match experience.

I saw that queue. Reminded me of The Bridge.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Sounds exactly like the selfish tits all desperately trying to be first out of the farm shop parking across the road.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Standard haircut for the Chavs.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Out of interest, where are you parking? I have started wondering about trying that as I can't afford the coach as there are 3 of us, The Bridge is infuriating AND costs money, and the trains are pretty rubbish.

The Racecourse P&R works well, or you could try Bexhill Road in Woodingdean and then walk down the public footpath. It's a bit of a slog uphill after the game.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here