Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Solly March

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Real mixed bag from Solly today.

Anyone claiming he was terrible is miles wide of the mark, but nor was he great.

His defensive work was excellent - he won possession lots of times. Equally he gave it away loosely a few times too.

Crossing was mixed - two or three wasted corners, but also an exquisite one, that Balogun at the far post, headed behind everybody.

Scored a goal, had a good strike in the first saved, saved by Kepa, clever movement won the free kick that should have seen Alonso sent off (and then wasted it...)

Summary - MIXED.

6/10

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Anyone claiming he was terrible is miles wide of the mark, but nor was he great.

His defensive work was excellent - he won possession lots of times. Equally he gave it away loosely a few times too.

Crossing was mixed - two or three wasted corners, but also an exquisite one, that Balogun at the far post, headed behind everybody.

Scored a goal, had a good strike in the first saved, saved by Kepa, clever movement won the free kick that should have seen Alonso sent off (and then wasted it...)

Summary - MIXED.

6/10

Did he not put in the cross that Dunky should have put of target as well ?

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
Ah huh. Well he covered Bernardo well. That is part of his job.

Thats a fair point.

I won't repeat what others have already said in this thread around getting the cross in, wasting corners, ineffective free kick, taking on FB's. I honestly think that Solly & Dale are the biggest liabilities in the starting eleven.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013

Summary - MIXED.

6/10

Agree with this. I'm not sure why he always seems to get grief, surely he has been the most productive of our wide men this season. I agree that he plays his best on the right though.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I am only singling him out because 4 times he received ball out wide and one on one with full back. Everytime passed it back or hit fullback trying to cross. Why doesnt he ever try and take full back on anymore or does he just accept they are too good

Thought he was excellent today, and I'm by no means his biggest fan. Not sure what game you were watching...

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Our best player today. Bore off
Get a grip...... not even in the top 6...

Refuses to take a player on, refuses to put move firward with the ball. .. repeatedly shrugged off the ball, and as said, squandered the two set plays at the end of the game.

Poor

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Get a grip...... not even in the top 6...

Refuses to take a player on, refuses to put move firward with the ball. .. repeatedly shrugged off the ball, and as said, squandered the two set plays at the end of the game.

Poor

I’d absolutely LOVE to hear the six that were better than him. Apart from have our only two shots on target, score our goal and make the run that nearly saw Alonso sent off, WHAT DID HE DO? :ffsparr:. He even put that cross in for Dunk at the end.

I honestly think some people make their mind up on a player and just sit there in blinkers. He was up against Kante for large parts of the game too!

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
I think he's a bit lightweight and gets muscled off the ball easily and sometimes his decision making lets him down. Should have put Glenn through into a 1v1 instead of wasting a shot but by far not our worst player on the field. Good for him to get a goal, does look like he needs a confidence boost.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I’d absolutely LOVE to hear the six that were better than him. Apart from have our only two shots on target, score our goal and make the run that nearly saw Alonso sent off, WHAT DID HE DO? :ffsparr:. He even put that cross in for Dunk at the end.

I honestly think some people make their mind up on a player and just sit there in blinkers. He was up against Kante for large parts of the game too!

They’ve been biding their time. Must have been hard for them, while he was playing well, setting up all of our goals, and getting rave reviews.

Exceptional in the last home game, too, looking after Zaha, and providing a threat.

Now the first sign of a dip - though as you say, he provided most of our good moments, as well as some poor ones - and here we are again. Supposed Albion fans, jumping at the chance to dig out one of our two local lads.

Don’t get it at all. Tiny, tiny dicks, probably.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The knives are definitely out on our boys after this defeat, anyone would of thought we’d just lost to Blackpool. Chelsea are a class side probably have two of the best players in the world In Kante & Hazard and for the last 20 we pushed them back thought we did really well and something to build on. Get a grip some of you

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I've seen it most Of the season, a reluctance or inability to push on past any player, either out wide or when he played more centrally. It was even obvious in the pre season Nantes game, we sat low in the East stand for a change, when attacking the south end, he was right in front of us and was just sooo negative, turning back even when in a good place to push on forward.

Imho

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The knives are definitely out on our boys after this defeat, anyone would of thought we’d just lost to Blackpool. Chelsea are a class side probably have two of the best players in the world In Kante & Hazard and for the last 20 we pushed them back thought we did really well and something to build on. Get a grip some of you

Wise words.

Expect much worse to come, too. Tough run of games coming up, and we as fans might need to hold the nerve a little bit.

Look forward to all the angry rants, when March fails to nutmeg Van Dijk, and Stephens gets beaten to the ball by Salah.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
They’ve been biding their time. Must have been hard for them, while he was playing well, setting up all of our goals, and getting rave reviews.

Exceptional in the last home game, too, looking after Zaha, and providing a threat.

Now the first sign of a dip - though as you say, he provided most of our good moments, as well as some poor ones - and here we are again. Supposed Albion fans, jumping at the chance to dig out one of our two local lads.

Even when he does well, I read here that fans expect more. If Solly doesn't live up to their high expectations, they feel they have the right to go onto Nsc to moan about him.
Perhaps it makes them feel better.
:shrug:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

and how many of the 'diggers' recognise the fact that Solly's game is all about confidence.

Yesterday at least 10,000 Albion 'fans' went from mocking Solly to singing his name within 1 minute.

Tiny tiny dicked hypocrites.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I've seen it most Of the season, a reluctance or inability to push on past any player, either out wide or when he played more centrally. It was even obvious in the pre season Nantes game, we sat low in the East stand for a change, when attacking the south end, he was right in front of us and was just sooo negative, turning back even when in a good place to push on forward.

Imho

The game has changed. Wingers rarely take on players these days. Possession is everything.

Look at the stats. March has delivered more than Knockaert, Jahanbakhsh and Izqierdo put together this season.

Still waiting for your six

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Solly is a really good player. He is also a frustrating player to watch because he looks like he could do so much more. I would just like to see him on his toes a bit more, to show more anticipation. Make the run that makes the full back deliver the ball for him to run onto. He looks like he can do it all. He's in good hands mind. We just have to be patient.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Agree with this. I'm not sure why he always seems to get grief, surely he has been the most productive of our wide men this season. I agree that he plays his best on the right though.

He doesnt always get grief. Just that he was crap yesterday and people have commented

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here