Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] It's about time this Murray experiment was bought to an end.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Time the Murray experiment was bought to an end?

He's played for us long enough to score 100 goals. Not really an experiment is it? More of an era.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not on current form it isn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who else, is putting in a pin point cross for Bernie (Inn) to nod down for Solly to score?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Who else, is putting in a pin point cross for Bernie (Inn) to nod down for Solly to score?

?pin point.

Put into a dangerous area, which is where all players when wide should put the ball.

Seriously would you play him based on yesterday? He is badly off-form at the moment and is struggling after the injury.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Murray lacked any decent service because Stephens either passed everything sideways/backwards, or to a yellow shirt....as a result, nothing went forward to Gross or Murray unless the wingers were involved (and when they were involved - March in particular - they got nothing into the box). I'd still prefer Andone to start now he'sup to speed, but whoever is up front needs the midfield and Gross giving them a chance of getting the ball. Bissouma/Propper as a pairing have looked more capable of doing that than with Stephens playing (accepting this almost certainly leaves us more exposed defensively and why CH didn't do it yesterday until he had to).

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
What infuriated me yesterday was to see Marray, take the ball and rather than head toward goal and/or make any attempt to reduce the 2 goal deficit, he headed straight for the corner flag. 1-0 up in the 89th. Minute maybe . . .but 2-0 down in the 35th? Horribly defeatist attitude in the first half yesterday

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Yesterday we knew Chelsea would have most of the ball and would play a very high line and I thought it was a game screaming out for Andone to start. Murray just doesn't have the pace to chase down a ball over the top.

I'm not in any way taking anything away from Murray but I do wish CH would adopt more of a "horses for courses" attitude to selection. By all means play Murray against sides where our wingers are pushing forward and we get crosses into the box but against the better sides, where we have limited possession and have to resort to the long ball game, start Andone.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Well said.

He has one bad game, and some people want him out. We wouldn't be 13th in the table if it wasn't for him.

Or even in this table to be fair. Impact sub role for him now I think and it must be what he is expecting to be asked to do surely?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
?pin point.

Put into a dangerous area, which is where all players when wide should put the ball.

Seriously would you play him based on yesterday? He is badly off-form at the moment and is struggling after the injury.

I think it was deliberate - we had two unmarked players flying into that corner of the box.

He did otherwise have a poor game though - completely anonymous in the first half (due in part perhaps to no-one passing the ball forwards towards him)

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
What infuriated me yesterday was to see Marray, take the ball and rather than head toward goal and/or make any attempt to reduce the 2 goal deficit, he headed straight for the corner flag. 1-0 up in the 89th. Minute maybe . . .but 2-0 down in the 35th? Horribly defeatist attitude in the first half yesterday

To be fair that wasn't 'taking it to the corner flag' to waste time was it?

That was clearly that he knew he was going to be caught and he thought it was best to turn round and keep possession.

It was still a BIZARRE moment, but please don't paint it to be us time wasting in the first half.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
It was not going to be Murrays sort of game, Andone should have started, but Murray will be the right choice on other days.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
No, it’s about time another player in the squad challenged the skill and game awareness level of a 35 year old centre forward who has scored 8 goals in the PL. It hasn’t happened for Locadia (yet) but it is happening for Andone who looks like he can offer something different to, and complement, GM’s all round skill set. It does look like Glenn can more readily adopt the impact sub role he thought he’d play this season, especially away from the Amex.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
If ever you needed a thread to reinforce what absolute ***** our fans are, this is it.

Apparently you're not even allowed one bad game in the Prem these days against good opposition.

Andone was absolutely shite at Burnley btw. But nobody mentioned it as it didn't fit the agenda.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
?pin point.

Always.
I'd have played him through his injury.

Can't you remember how we played without him?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Murray is excellent at fouling and getting offside and just about one of the best in the business.
It frustrates me to see him doing this, he clearly struggles so needs to foul.

Hughton doesn't appear to notice how often he is giving possession back, that's okay in the Championship but we really don't want to be giving unnecessary possession to anyone in the Premier, let alone the big boys.

Time for a change.

Harsh.

Murray is excellent at "bundling it over the line". Corners, free kicks, goalmouth scrambles... no-one I would rather have up front. His reactions are such that it is a master-class in poaching.

HOWEVER... Against a team playing a high line we would need a fast striker who can get behind the line, run half a pitch and score... Florin Andone.

There are games when Murray is the right choice and others when Andone is. CH called this wrong. We were a very different team after an hour

D

Deleted member 2719

Harsh.

Murray is excellent at "bundling it over the line". Corners, free kicks, goalmouth scrambles... no-one I would rather have up front. His reactions are such that it is a master-class in poaching.

HOWEVER... Against a team playing a high line we would need a fast striker who can get behind the line, run half a pitch and score... Florin Andone.

There are games when Murray is the right choice and others when Andone is. CH called this wrong. We were a very different team after an hour

I agree in all those areas he can do it, but just feel he slows our momentun at times and Andone seems lively.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I agree in all those areas he can do it, but just feel he slows our momentun at times and Andone seems lively.

Yes... Glenn doesn't run. Not the sort of striker he is. So he is a drag on momentum if it is building from the back. Where were are pressing them and putting their goalie under constant pressure, he doesn't need to run. He suits certain games and not others was all I was saying.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here