Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

It's about time this Murray experiment was bought to an end.

2 Not allowed!
    The team is clearly a counterattacking side in all but one position.

As Bill Belichek saying 'it's better to ship them out a year early than a year late'.
    “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
    Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

8 Not allowed!
      The same Murray who had seven goals in the last eight home games?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      We hate Baltimore Palace and we hate Baltimore Palace, we hate Baltimore Palace and we hate Baltimore Palace, we hate Baltimore Palace and we hate Baltimore Palace, WE ARE THE BALTIMORE PALACE HATERS, we hate palace, we hate palace

1 Not allowed!
      Murray is excellent at fouling and getting offside and just about one of the best in the business.
      It frustrates me to see him doing this, he clearly struggles so needs to foul.

Hughton doesn't appear to notice how often he is giving possession back, that's okay in the Championship but we really don't want to be giving unnecessary possession to anyone in the Premier, let alone the big boys.

Time for a change.
      A new revolution, Blooming marvellous scenes -

4 Not allowed!
      A bit harsh, but you have a point in that the way we play suits a pacey no.9, which hasn't been the case up until now. Infact it's been the case that the way we have played has suited big strong hold up target man like GM.

I would hardly say get rid you can always do with having different options, and GM has shown that he still has goals in him, but our default should probably be the pace and stamina of Andone now since our midfield have improved a lot. Before we seemed to need GM's help getting up the pitch, I would say now we have much less of a problem getting up the pitch and now we need an outlet and someone to stretch defenses and run in behind.
      - Small, Local, Old, and Particular are almost always better than Big, Global, New, and Abstract. -

14 Not allowed!
      I said on the match thread I think Murray has a different role to play now , he is fine against the lower 10 teams and defenders lacking confidence as he can bully them but he does not have the engine or 4th gear for teams away from home or the top 6 when we are sitting very deep. He thrives on crosses into the box , against top6 and away from home those wingers are more defenders than attackers so although still a great box man & hold up player he just is not going to get the ammunition in the box and will lack the support trying to hold it up.

6 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Stat Brother View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

As Bill Belichek saying 'it's better to ship them out a year early than a year late'.
      Good plan and when Andone gets Injured or suspended I have every faith that Locadia can fire in the goals to keep us in the PL!!

Murray is the best finisher bar none at the club
      Members

5 Not allowed!
      Do not underestimate that Andone is facing tired, often battered defenders, Murray softens them up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      We hate Baltimore Palace and we hate Baltimore Palace, we hate Baltimore Palace and we hate Baltimore Palace, we hate Baltimore Palace and we hate Baltimore Palace, WE ARE THE BALTIMORE PALACE HATERS, we hate palace, we hate palace

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by peterward View Post

Murray is the best finisher bar none at the club
      That's not actually true.
      Attached Images Attached Images   
      A new revolution, Blooming marvellous scenes -

6 Not allowed!
      I do agree Murray hinders our overall team performance.

He's obviously very slow, this gives us so much less presence up forward, as he can't chase things down and everything slows down around him as a result - but on the other side, if you get him a decent ball in the box he will probably score.

In the Premier League, the winning formula is three quick attackers. When Murray plays we're down to 2. I think he still has a major place to play in our season, but we need to move forward to a modern style of football.

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Stat Brother View Post

Been saying it for weeks, I think ever since the Newcastle game.

Murray still has a lot to offer, but I would start Andone in most games, with Murray used of the bench. No doubt there's no one better in the air than Murray at this club, and he's one of the best in the league, but we put enough chances his way to warrant him starting.

After what Andone done against Palace, I thought he was a definite starter today.
      Ignore list - 1. An idiot - Classified He knows who he is!!
      2. Dickheads Elbow - No other reason than he's a tw**!

That is all!