Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The king is dead

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The issue isn't just Stephens out for Bissouma in - it's when do we change from trying to keep it tight and sneak a win with impact players to when do we play our quicker (but more risky) players from the start?

Last week v Burnley ? Andone, Bissouma started. And likewise v Hudds.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Excuse me??????????

He was excellent today. Its Propper thats got to be benched, same as Stephens with the ball, but offers a fraction of Stephens when we don't

Propper was my second choice for MOM. The goal came from a lovely quick pass from him out to the right.

Amazing how different people watch the same game.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Propper was my second choice for MOM. The goal came from a lovely quick pass from him out to the right.

Amazing how different people watch the same game.

It was a good pass. However, that was literally the first ball he played in a forward direction all afternoon.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
It was a good pass. However, that was literally the first ball he played in a forward direction all afternoon.

That's not true
Also, he was hardly bombarded with options forward was he? I thought his covering work and ball retention was excellent all game. Is it exciting? Not really. Certainly doesn't satisfy the "FORWARD" brigade who seemed to have emerged in WSU.

I remember Balogun making an ill informed pass forward.....they didn't seem to be complimenting him on that one.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Why don't I have the degree of contempt for any of our players that so many on here have for different people? Am I lacking in some way?

I'm a Propper fan, but would not be as dismissive of any of the others as many are. They all bring something.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Last week v Burnley ? Andone, Bissouma started. And likewise v Hudds.

Indeed. I typed "when" meaning "in which games". My assumption with the team selected on Sunday was that we were trying to keep it tight and hit them in the last 20. The problem being we conceded early on.

The main thrust of my post, though, was that the backwards passing people moan about is an issue that is as much caused by the pace of the front two as it is their own ability.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Indeed. I typed "when" meaning "in which games". My assumption with the team selected on Sunday was that we were trying to keep it tight and hit them in the last 20. The problem being we conceded early on.

The main thrust of my post, though, was that the backwards passing people moan about is an issue that is as much caused by the pace of the front two as it is their own ability.

and the pace of their opponents.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here