Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The king is dead

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
He’s very impressive at the moment sticks out like a sore thumb as a player that could be described as to good for us. In 18 months you wouldn’t be surprised to see him go for a huge amount of money

Agree, think he'll be a regular starter in the 2nd half of the season and he'll end up at a top 4 club by the end of his career. Can see us selling him for big money, you can just tell he's got that extra bit of class.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Funny how people see the game completely different I thought Stephens was an absolute carthorse today

Agree. Propper and Bissouma looked far more adventurous and attacking minded. Stephens went back or sideways, Bissouma needs to start next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I’m not sure what game you was watching? Stephens kept losing possesion, passing sideways or backwards. It was mentioned by Danny Higginbotham, who was commentating on the game, of how poor Stephens had been today.

This. Stephens had an absolute stinker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'm not sure anyone - Bernado apart - had an 'excellent' game. Especially not in the first half.

I know Stephens had to come back at some point, but this game wasn't it. Bissouma and Andone starting and it could've been a completely different game from the start...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Excuse me??????????

He was excellent today. Its Propper thats got to be benched, same as Stephens with the ball, but offers a fraction of Stephens when we don't

I really struggle to understand this Stephens love in . The bloke is average at best all around me do a player watch and today it was Stephens . Sideways backwards fouls fouls losing ball maybe a couple forward passes that’s it !
We need attacking midfielders, if Stephens plays then propper can’t, we just can’t keep playing both . At least Gross does or has scored how many games has propper and Stephens played together in premier league and how many goals ZERO !
Not sure how many assists bet it’s not many . One or the other NOT both or we will end up in trouble . Bissouma offers exciting attacking football radio pundits , tv pundits all say the same time to wake up and smell the coffee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I’ve been a huge advocate of Stephens but his time seems over long live king bissouma

He didn't play well, but hey it was his first game back after missing a few matches, so I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt. Quite simply Albion seem to look a better side with him in it, however he seems to play.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Stephens does a job for the team but offers little creativity. He slows the game down, has no turn of pace, does not draw player or create space. I like Stephens a lot and he has been a great servant to the club. But, Bissouma is so much more exciting to watch.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Bissouma is a different level to Stephens, knew he would be back in today against Chelsea. Hopefully Hughton is bedding him and Andone in like the 2 full backs.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I think the issue is not Stephens or Propper but just the fact that Bissouma is our best midfielder and yet Houghton chose not to start him. Also needed some pace up the front but we played Murray and Gross.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here