Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Chelsea *** Official Match Thread ***

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Did well second half once we got going. Thought we started quite well too, until they scored. Albeit without creating anything much. Very sloppy at times again though, and I can't help but keep thinking 'what if...' re Andone and Bissouma not starting

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Chris needs to take the blame for that one.

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Delivery for Mr. Hughton.

s604x0_mancare_sarata.jpg

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
When you reflect on where this club has come from - not so long ago - you’ve got to laugh at the negative comments following a narrow defeat against one of the best teams in Europe!

Word.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Some bellends booed at half time in the west upper. Have a word with yourselves

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Not very often we can say that our substitutions were positive and made the difference. Shame the initial team selection wasn’t as positive. Dale was frustrating to watch and seemed to get most abuse from those around me. Thought a lot of our players had an off day.

DavePage

Maybe he should have started with a positive hell for leather attitude from the start and when we are 4.0 down after 20 mins you ladies would really have the knives out. It was one of those days too many cleaver little flicks that didn't come off (at all actually), Way to many passes that didn't cut it. Alonso was well looked after by the ref, but forget what the ref does or the opposition for that matter. We should concentrate on our game. Polish our passing, nice to see Stephens complete three forward passes (to a team mate) in the second half but his tackling from behind is a liability.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'm not sure (obviously) what goes on at training, but do the lads practise to pass the ball to the opposition? If so the game plan was fantastic yesterday. Worked a treat.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
within a minute of KO Chelsea had the ball on our goal line and also 6 players in or near our box.. From that moment we surrendered possession

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Fans getting on players back when we were going sideways and backwards. Very audible. Some people need to give their head a wobble. Was a large number , not just a few.

Overall we played well , the goals we conceded were poor , especially the 2nd. With a bit of luck we could of got a point out of that and probably deserved.

Frustrating to put the pressure on at the end but then our quality of cross letting us down. Chelsea looked there for the taking.

Positives but ultimately its still nil points.

We could do with something at Bournemouth.

Be brave Chris

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
We were negative and defeatist in the first half, Murray was appalling in heading for the corner flag when almost clean through, Stephens looked out of his depth and silly mistakes cost us, we deserved nothing more than a 2 goal deficit at half time.

We won the second half easily, rode our luck once or twice ( shot off the post) but the addition of Andone and Bissouma along with a try and win attitude made a huge difference. We deserved a point.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Fans getting on players back when we were going sideways and backwards. Very audible. Some people need to give their head a wobble. Was a large number , not just a few.

Indeed. Very bizarre. I thought Davy Propper was 2nd in the MOM running yesterday. He was calm on the ball, always played the pass with purpose. Yes, it was backwards sometimes but the ball can't go forwards EVERY TIME. He would look up and, if the forward pass wasn't on then he kept it ticking over. That's good midfield play.

People were going mad around me, shouting FORWARDS!!!!.......and then Balogun did just that....and it went wrong.

You have an hour and half. It doesn't all have to be a rush. Against Chelsea, time on the ball is VITAL for building confidence and getting into the game. When that time on the ball is soundtracked by moans and groans then it really is bewildering.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Indeed. Very bizarre. I thought Davy Propper was 2nd in the MOM running yesterday. He was calm on the ball, always played the pass with purpose. Yes, it was backwards sometimes but the ball can't go forwards EVERY TIME. He would look up and, if the forward pass wasn't on then he kept it ticking over. That's good midfield play.

People were going mad around me, shouting FORWARDS!!!!.......and then Balogun did just that....and it went wrong.

You have an hour and half. It doesn't all have to be a rush. Against Chelsea, time on the ball is VITAL for building confidence and getting into the game. When that time on the ball is soundtracked by moans and groans then it really is bewildering.

I had some 80's Wimbledon fans behind me as well :)

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We were negative and defeatist in the first half, Murray was appalling in heading for the corner flag when almost clean through, Stephens looked out of his depth and silly mistakes cost us, we deserved nothing more than a 2 goal deficit at half time.

We won the second half easily, rode our luck once or twice ( shot off the post) but the addition of Andone and Bissouma along with a try and win attitude made a huge difference. We deserved a point.

Couple of chats on the radio today about it....most recent one I heard (on H&J with Motty) talking about how Chelsea were very much 'clinging on' at the end after dominating the first hour, and barely threatened the Brighton goal.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Sorry if I missed it.

Why no Ben White, or indeed any central defender, on the bench yesterday?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here