Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Strictly Final

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Personally thought Ashley was the best, the final is about popularity rather than pure ability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Personally thought Ashley was the best, the final is about popularity rather than pure ability.

The public won't vote for a professional dancer & choreographer. She also had a bit of an attitude of thinking she was the best. Her face was a picture the first time she went into a dance off.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I predicted 120 to Ashley but a Stacey win, enjoyable final.

It is ironic that Ashley was in the dance off many times and didn't get the public support and yet when the tour hits the road she's the dancer people will want to see.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The public won't vote for a professional dancer & choreographer. She also had a bit of an attitude of thinking she was the best. Her face was a picture the first time she went into a dance off.

Agree re the public.
Completely disagree with the attitude comment, personally think she was realistic enough to know as a ‘foreigner’ she was an underdog. (Sorry).

She comes across IMO, as a decent human being.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I predicted 120 to Ashley but a Stacey win, enjoyable final.

It is ironic that Ashley was in the dance off many times and didn't get the public support and yet when the tour hits the road she's the dancer people will want to see.

This. Couldn’t agree more.

The fact she was in the bottom two, just showed she was bottom of the popularity charts.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The papers were saying last week that Joe was the viewers favourite for the final but the BBC wanted Stacey to win as they see her as their next big star. Fix or no fix I wanted her to win.but I am sure tomorrows or Mondays papers will say it was a fix.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I saw the final with my mum, having not seen any of the others. I thought Ashley was the most athletic, but would describe her routines as more akin to a partnered gymnastic display - very flashy, but not really dancing. The best dancer? For me, Faye, by a mile.

It’s hard to see how anyone could place Stacey above at least one of Ashley or Faye. How often do the public vote for someone who didn’t place in the top 50% according to the pro judges? Makes a bit of a mockery, no?

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Brighton? Luton Shirley?

Seen her plenty of times on the train to London (from Brighton not Luton).

She’s tiny.

Using the Brighton and Hove buses or Marina walk of fame criteria for who is a Brightonian, she more than qualifies.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The papers were saying last week that Joe was the viewers favourite for the final but the BBC wanted Stacey to win as they see her as their next big star. Fix or no fix I wanted her to win.but I am sure tomorrows or Mondays papers will say it was a fix.

She has already made tons of docs for the BBC, she is already their their BBC Three "star" and is the Luton Louis Theroux for the hard to get younger audience.

I'm not sure how winning a dancing competition increases her core audience, unless they have lined her up to present the lottery.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What a fukken load of old ****. Only women watch this. No place for this on a football forum.

Just like women shouldn't be allowed to watch football or post on a football forum!

Btw, lots of men watch Strictly, just as men also dance.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Just like women shouldn't be allowed to watch football or post on a football forum!

Btw, lots of men watch Strictly, just as men also dance.

Exactly. Great entertainment.

The physique and athleticism of the dancers are better than some of our recent players.....

Ahem...... Kemy

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Exactly. Great entertainment.

The physique and athleticism of the dancers are better than some of our recent players.....

Ahem...... Kemy

Slightly at a tangent, I remember Robin Cousens talking about his ice skating, and his cousin, who was a professional rugby player. The ice dancer's training routine was far more brutal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here