Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Man City and empty seats. Today

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I would hate to win week in, week out. Must get so boring. I guess Celtic fans feel the same. I would much rather be in our position where we can genuinely celebrate a win, rather than expect one...

Saying the same thing earlier to my youngest. If you can't feel pain there is little left of the football experience imo. Their fans are just going through the motions like their players. So so boring to watch.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Souless, exactly, that's what I was thinking. How can they ever feel like we felt when we beat Palace ?

They only feel that way when beating manu...or probably one if the top EUsides.

D

Deleted member 18477

To be fair, I used to get bored watching Man Utd but enjoy seeing them lose now.

I never watch Man City on tele unless it's against another top 6 team or Brighton. Yes their passing is great but that isn't enough for me, I like watching competition or us.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
the european league is a great idea,but will it work?

I don't know about you,but I find the group stages meh,can't be bothered to follow them

now the knock-out stages are different,2nd legs decided on the night as I'm watching

I suppose if enough money is thrown at it,it won't matter how many people attend matches

football is changing and the fans will change with it

but it's a no thanks from me

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I would hate to win week in, week out. Must get so boring. I guess Celtic fans feel the same. I would much rather be in our position where we can genuinely celebrate a win, rather than expect one...

Oh, indeed. Give me a mediocre squad and a relegation battle any day of the week. Anxiety can be so thrilling.

sarcasm.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
In seriousness, selling out most weeks is a new phenomenon. When I startd going (1969) hardly any game was sold out. And you could pay on the gate for the world cup final. Citeh seem to be doing very well:

Citeh.JPG

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Assuming Barca, Real, PSG, Juve would likely finish above them and there wouldn't be champions league qualification to go for, would they turn up for a dead rubber game vs Inter or Athletico?

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
If you could turn up and pay at the turnstile (cast iron) it may be a bit different. . . .

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
the european league is a great idea,but will it work?

I don't know about you,but I find the group stages meh,can't be bothered to follow them

now the knock-out stages are different,2nd legs decided on the night as I'm watching

I suppose if enough money is thrown at it,it won't matter how many people attend matches

football is changing and the fans will change with it

but it's a no thanks from me

It isn't a great idea for fans though is it ? Only the well off can can afford to travel around Europe. Away attendances will be shit. Great for the armchair fan and the chairmen of the bigger clubs.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
agree with you,but what fans want doesn't come into it

football has changed,it used to be about the glory

now it's all about being on the tele every week

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills