Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] ESU half time pre-pay token system

Stop buying anything from the Amex as my personal response to Flaskgate so Barber can do what the duck he likes now as far as I’m concerned

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Typical NSC - club try something to help but all some can see is the bad points

No one can see any bad points, nor any good points. Truth is no one has any idea what it's all about.
And I'm East Upper!
PS a separate queue for hot drinks would be a brilliant idea.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Queue twice? Once to hand money over for a token, and then to enter a lucky dip in terms of what you are getting? So when there is a delay the option is to give up and go to watch the match or lose the money? Strikes me as a Barberism that we hadn’t thought of last week. Congratulations in order!

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
So will this prevent people getting to the front of the queue before they start asking thier family what they want ?

(I'm ESU too and have never heard of it)

No. Those wankers will always be around.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Stop buying anything from the Amex as my personal response to Flaskgate so Barber can do what the duck he likes now as far as I’m concerned

I'm sure he'll be gutted.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
What is wrong with the concept of a token in the form of a contactless card, or even a £10 note?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
If this is something along the lines of I bought 3 pints of beer prior to the game and am given 3 tokens for them it should be a massive win/win situation. The club knows how many beers to pour and the server does not have to muck around with giving change. If they had a beer only stall it should work like a dream. Can we trial in in WSU please.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
If this is something along the lines of I bought 3 pints of beer prior to the game and am given 3 tokens for them it should be a massive win/win situation. The club knows how many beers to pour and the server does not have to muck around with giving change. If they had a beer only stall it should work like a dream. Can we trial in in WSU please.

I'll tell you how it works tomorrow. I aim to fill up in The Swan in case it goes pear shaped:p

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
They said it would be in action for Palace but I saw no sign of it. That said there were noticeably smaller and quicker queues that HT and I got my sustenance double quick.

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Have a designated beer only queue, and the token system could work very well. Only question is how do you purchase a token? Join a queue for that?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Sell bottled beers rounded up like they do at other grounds with majority of kiosks beer only and that ladies and gents is the solution and/or using contactless Payment. Unbelievable how in this day and age many clubs including our own still don’t get this. Reading been doing it since Zamora years (1st spell) and he’s been retired 3 years!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Sell bottled beers rounded up like they do at other grounds with majority of kiosks beer only and that ladies and gents is the solution and/or using contactless Payment. Unbelievable how in this day and age many clubs including our own still don’t get this. Reading been doing it since Zamora years (1st spell) and he’s been retired 3 years!

?? Contactless payments ??

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

Used to be able to load funds onto season ticket and pay with that, even got cash back on purchases, they decided to scrap that idea without any real explination.

Have a designated beer only queue, and the token system could work very well. Only question is how do you purchase a token? Join a queue for that?

Surely the logical answer would be to buy yuor beer token when you queue up and buy your pre match pint?

Great the club are trialing something to aleviate a much reported problem on here

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I used to sit in West lower and they had individuals walking round selling beer. Do they still do that.
Watch football in Germany couple of times a season. Cashless. Buy a card and top up when runs out.. Must go back as still have 7/8 euros on mine

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
They would be better off getting rid of that poxy shelf that causes the bottleneck on route to the South end gents toilet.
Shelf sticks out, fans stand there with beers, TV screen on the pillar and fans standing there looking at half time scores, and to compound
the bottleneck, the till service is so slow that the queue stretches back that far too.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So will this prevent people getting to the front of the queue before they start asking thier family what they want ?

(I'm ESU too and have never heard of it)

No. Those wankers will always be around.

Just a quick heads up.

When the second half is cancelled, but everyone has to remain in their seats because of a 'major police incident', this will be the reason why.

I would have snapped and killed the pencil-necked rodney.
The fella who has stood in front of me for 10 minutes, reached the counted and said:-

'So Tarquin what do you want?'
'Come on, hurry up all these people are waiting'.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here