Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] ESU half time pre-pay token system

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Some detail might be helpful?

I assume someone knows, the only detail contained in the clubs pre match brief email sent out yesterday was

A half-time pre-pay token system is in place for supporters located in the East Upper stand.

Fortunately I'm not in ESU but can see this being a disaster given the lack of details

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
So will this prevent people getting to the front of the queue before they start asking thier family what they want ?

(I'm ESU too and have never heard of it)

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is that so you can get your next book out of the library?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
It will be carnage so long as Sodexo have anything to do with it.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Assume this will work like the equivalent of token systems at festivals? In which you end up queuing once to get your tokens, and again for when you actually want to get your beer.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Sounds doubly grim and best avoided. The club takes your money up front and you STILL have to join a stupid long queue. Just say no, kidz :nono:

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Buy a token pre match and collect it at half time from a designated queue...could save a lot of time at half time

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Buy a token pre match and collect it at half time from a designated queue...could save a lot of time at half time

It won't though, will it. You'll pay for two teas, a burger and a veggie pie. When you get to the front the operator will tell you they've run out of veggie pies and will have to get the supervisor over to sort out a refund whilst looking at the hot water tap in utter confusion.

They need a separate window for hot drinks as that's what causes the bottlenecks (that, and the day-trippers who wait till they are asked what they want before asking "Milo, which sweets do you want ?")

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Typical NSC - club try something to help but all some can see is the bad points

If we all had the boundless enthusiasm of a Labrador Puppy the world would be full of shit ideas being shuffled to fruition...

My mantra is "Look for the negatives first. If you can't find any - it's a bloody good idea."

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Fair play. I guess people are happy the club aren't fussed trying to help those who rock up to get their beer at 40 or 41 minutes or thereabouts.
Normally don't miss much. *

*only one of the best winning goals and finest victories at the Amex ever.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here