Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Paul Heaton: From Hull to Heatongrad

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
I was lucky enough to see him play this year in my local pub. Hatfield Main the room has about 200 in I would guess at. Had photos and a chat with him and Jacqui after the gig. View attachment 102986

I'm a Donny lad. Remember Hatfield Main as a working pit in the 80's. Amazing to think all these years later the pub has a legacy and hosted Paul & Jacqui for what must've been a great gig.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
I'm a Donny lad. Remember Hatfield Main as a working pit in the 80's. Amazing to think all these years later the pub has a legacy and hosted Paul & Jacqui for what must've been a great gig.

I remember Armthorpe more I was growing up as a young kid there whilst the strikes were on.

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
I remember Armthorpe more I was growing up as a young kid there whilst the strikes were on.

My grandparents lived in Armthorpe and my uncle worked down Armthorpe pit. Horrible times while the strikes were on. My dad worked in the steel industry (British Ropes down Carr Hill) which didn't last long after the unions got smashed.

I left Donny for Brighton in the mid 90's cos the town was on it's arse. Linking back to The Housemartins, not long before I moved away a good mate had got mixed up in armed robbery and ended up serving time in Hull Prison. For his first 6 weeks on remand he shared a cell with Hugh Whittaker awaiting trial for Arson. Crazy times.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Just finished watching the documentary. Heaton still a hero. I never actually saw the housemartins live regretfully dunno why but was young then. I did see the beautiful south a few times. The 1st time I ever saw them was on their 1st tour as the beautiful south at Sheffield octagon. I actually broke my leg after buying the ticket so managed to get a chair pulled up at the side of the stage (couldn't mingle in the audience on crutches). Shook their hands as they came off the stage

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here