Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Paul Heaton: From Hull to Heatongrad

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I've just caught up with this on Channel 4. What an absolute joy. Loads of our Norman on it and a huge amount of hit songs, many of which I'd forgotten. A very talented and funny guy. It's very much the soundtrack of my youth. Anyway, if you are of a certain age I strongly recommend, it will bring the memories flooding back

Trotty

Feb 22, 2012
Saw him in Shoreham when he was cycling from gig to gig, brilliant evening with Norman joining him at the end of the set.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Yes, but how many Ivor Novello awards does he have?

Jul 7, 2003
I've just caught up with this on Channel 4. What an absolute joy. Loads of our Norman on it and a huge amount of hit songs, many of which I'd forgotten. A very talented and funny guy. It's very much the soundtrack of my youth. Anyway, if you are of a certain age I strongly recommend, it will bring the memories flooding back

Missed that so now downloading for a weekend watch. Was never a great Housemartins fan but love the stuff he did after and especially the recent albums with Jackie Abbott.

Thanks for the heads up.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
I was lucky enough to see him play this year in my local pub. Hatfield Main the room has about 200 in I would guess at. Had photos and a chat with him and Jacqui after the gig. 2018-12-14 (2).png

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I used to live round the corner from the House of Strangeness in Hull, but I can't remember if it was on Grafton street or De Grey street. It was a long time ago.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That evening at Shoreham must’ve been immense. Glad to see that PH and NC get on well ... so many former bandmates end up disliking each other.

I cant imagine those two not getting on with anyone TBH, both seem very decent and amiable people.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I was lucky enough to see him play this year in my local pub. Hatfield Main the room has about 200 in I would guess at. Had photos and a chat with him and Jacqui after the gig. View attachment 102986

Is Jacquie sitting on your knee?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I was lucky enough to see him play this year in my local pub. Hatfield Main the room has about 200 in I would guess at. Had photos and a chat with him and Jacqui after the gig. View attachment 102986

Have you seen the documentary?
was that the concert that was featured ?

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free

Great recommendation. Just watched it.

Insightful, entertaining and funny. Everyone should see this.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Is Jacquie sitting on your knee?

No but she took the photo on my phone. My 1st attempt at the photo was very blurred. So she said 'give it here I can do better than that'. Both really nice people, Jacqui in particular spent a lot of time mingling, chatting with the fans.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here