Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If Gross Were to Sign for Liverpool . . .

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well no one could surely blame him he were to be tempted by any suitable offers from Liverpool, he would automatically be on a higher wage if nothing else. What I would question though, was whether or not he was going to get into the team regularly enough. Would he be happy just warming the bench for long periods?
Wouldn't you be happy to double - or even treble - your wages overnight?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Which wouldn't cover Locadia's loss in value.

Nothing to do with whether we sell Gross to Liverpool or anyone else. Even if he establishes himself as a semi-regular Brighton player, we're never likely to recoup the money we spent on Locadia - what was it? £13-14M, plus another couple of million in wages since we signed him. Whether or not he is the not-so-good looking deal he seems to be at the moment, that shouldn't affect the comings and goings of other players.
If - and I think it's a big if - Liverpool offer a price that TB is happy to take, and the player wants to go, that's it, and at that point Locadia just come into it.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Square peg, round hole. If we sell Gross be should buy a proper no. 10 to replace him. Simple as. But he's not going anywhere in all likelihood so we don't need to worry.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
So much chat over something that is not going to happen.

Liverpool or any top 6 club won’t be making any offers for Gross!

He’s a good player but arguably not good enough for the top clubs.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
The OP is just plain wrong. Andone and Gross are both great but completely different players.

Anyway, we need to sign a competitor for Gross, not flog him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The question is why can’t Pascal play away just don’t get it.

Invariably the players who are supposed to be in front of him are behind the 4 defenders.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
We don't have anyone who does something similar to Gross. When Gross was injured, Andone, Bissouma and Locadia were fit and we replaced him with Solly March.

A replacement for Gross, even if we could identify him and sign him, would cost way more than the (in this market) paltry £15m allegedly on offer.

We should fight tooth and nail to keep Pascal

All of this. Gross is far more valuable to us as a club than £15m. Finding a player who could come in and be as integral to the team for less would be a near impossible task.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Which will be handy as the team tumbles into the championship having rather shortsightedly sold it's only playmaker to Liverpool's bench.

Didn’t I mention we’d be bringing in Ruben Loftus-Cheeks on loan for the rest of the season too? [emoji2]

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Henderson is an overrated player in my opinion, and Liverpool can push all they like, Gross is under contract and we have absolutely no obligation to sell.

while under 'no obligation' would the club really stand in the way of a chance for a player to go to a top 6 club ? ... after all they have stated in the past if the right offer came in anyone is open to be sold to a top 6 team just not to a competitor in the remaining 14

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
They are talking about £15, surely we wouldn't be interested in that?

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Strange thread, there is literally nothing to indicate that Andone is a playmaker! He hasn’t played there for us yet and as far as I can make out he has spent his whole career playing as a centre forward up front on his own.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Didn’t I mention we’d be bringing in Ruben Loftus-Cheeks on loan for the rest of the season too? [emoji2]

I'm beginning to think the Albion should make life 'interesting' for us fans by only buying players from palace.

See if it's possible for players to improve just by not spending their days in a mice infested hovel.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
If Gross were to leave. We don't have a ready made replacement at all, we would have to buy someone. That's why he won't get sold. We don't need to sell anyone. Not one player has left the Amex the Manager didn't want to lose except perhaps Jamie Murphy and that was only because he couldn't force his way into the team and he really wanted first team football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here