Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Danny drinkwater

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I agree about Yves as I rate him highly but people on here are saying he wouldnt improve our choices or squad which is utter rubbish. I think that he would push all of our midfield choices for selection and thus up their contribution even more than now.

Sorry, I don’t buy into this idea that if we bring in some additional competition that everyone could move up a gear? Indeed I would like to think if that was the case and players were only performing at 90% until they get competition, then Chris and the team would tell them to do one!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sorry, I don’t buy into this idea that if we bring in some additional competition that everyone could move up a gear? Indeed I would like to think if that was the case and players were only performing at 90% until they get competition, then Chris and the team would tell them to do one!

Is it a coincidence that GM is performing so well when Sam Baldock and Norwood couldnt up their game and were sold?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Can't remember GM not performing well when those players were around....although Norwood hardly played for us

He was signed as a midfielder to do a job but couldnt up his game as we improved. Whilest GM has generally performed well for us it cannot be argued that he has performed better than most expected since we signed him rather than a loan.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
He was signed as a midfielder to do a job but couldnt up his game as we improved. Whilest GM has generally performed well for us it cannot be argued that he has performed better than most expected since we signed him rather than a loan.

No link between Norwood and Murray so its contract rather than loan......hmmm

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No link between Norwood and Murray so its contract rather than loan......hmmm

My point is that GM has played a lot better for us after we signed him permanent rather than when we had him on loan from Bournemouth. I think most people are surprised and pleased by the improvement. Norwood was a purchase and dildnt raise his game. as we progressed. This is an example that competition for a place sometimes raises a players performance rate.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
My point is that GM has played a lot better for us after we signed him permanent rather than when we had him on loan from Bournemouth. I think most people are surprised and pleased by the improvement. Norwood was a purchase and dildnt raise his game. as we progressed. This is an example that competition for a place sometimes raises a players performance rate.

Christ, you could bore for Britain :yawn:

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...

Eh? He managed 15 goals out of 26 apps in the half season before we signed him in January. Considering he finished on 23 I'd hardly say we saw a massively increase in his performance levels.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Eh? He managed 15 goals out of 26 apps in the half season before we signed him in January. Considering he finished on 23 I'd hardly say we saw a massively increase in his performance levels.

but that's just a list of facts,
he won't tell you again...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Perhaps I am the only person who thinks that his performances have been better against better opposition in The Premier than in The Championship even if scoring less goals.

Albion Prem

Nov 23, 2018
Lindfield
1. He's not Top 6 material anymore.
2. Everton are best of the rest and going places under Silva.
3. Everton have money.
4. Schneiderlein is a similar player out of favour at Everton who will be on big money too having come from Man Utd, so they'll need a replacement when they ship him out..
5. Drinkwater will fancy his chances of a 1st XI spot (Gomes, Gueye, Davis etc).
He is not Top 6 anymore, apart from Ryan,Dunk and Duffy who is?????????

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here