Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Theresa May's lack of judgement to secure the vote of the sex text MP

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I was reading a little more about the case of Andrew Griffiths the sex texting MP* who Theresa May reinstated in order to secure his vote and frankly I'm flabberghasted.

I have absolutely no issue with an MP sending saucy or sexually explicit texts to a consenting recipient which I believe the lady in question was to a certain extent as that should have no bearing on his ability to do his job. The fact that he was married and had just had a baby at the time does colour the appropriateness somewhat but even that is not what concerned me. That just made him a bit of a knob.

What I found really concerning, given his position and the fact of what May was prepared to disregard to curry favour in order to secure his vote was the content, flavour and language of his texts.

It wasn't even his text saying that he would prefer to be licking naughty girls rather than running the country, even though it demonstrated a lack of ability on his part to completely detach his sexual motivations and practices from his public responsibilities and the comparative importance he attached to those respondibilities. Thinking it is one thing but to declare it just demonstrates a crass stupidity.

The thing I found most concerning was the language he used in his texts and the connotations of his language especially in light of the fact that: 1: He had himself just become a father and 2: One of his excuses for his behaviour was that he had been sexually abused as a child.

In view of those two considerations it was his persistent use of the word "Daddy" in that sexual context which I was really uncomfortable with. Maybe I'm reading too much into it but the fact that someone who was a victim of abuse would even want to use that language in that context leads me to believe that he might himself harbour certain fantasies or inclinations which he might struggle to control. His lack of control and self restraint has already been exhibited in the nature and language of his texts which he felt compelled to send.

I think he clearly needs help, and not just for his benefit. The fact that Theresa May was prepared to turn a blind eye to all that just to secure another vote is equally* disturbing.

*https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ne...s/news-story/5be4a68cd8fc60a992c708030dd52145

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here