Votes: 14 4.3%
  • Remain / TMs deal

Votes: 180 54.7%
  • Remain / No deal

Votes: 39 11.9%

• Total voters

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
All this rhetoric. “Pull forward for the future” “we have the drive” “positivity” “brighter futures” “find a way”. You do realise that means absolutely nothing? It’s not a plan. It isn’t anything. It’s empty. Boy, are we in trouble.

“Pull forward for the future” “we have the drive” “positivity” “brighter futures” “find a way”.
No, you are right. It is an outline though for how we need to take on the challenge ahead and move towards building a much Greater Britain.

"It isn’t anything. It’s empty."
I disagree with this part.

The real planning is taking place behind the scenes in parliament and in every business who trades with the EU.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
“Pull forward for the future” “we have the drive” “positivity” “brighter futures” “find a way”.
No, you are right. It is an outline though for how we need to take on the challenge ahead and move towards building a much Greater Britain.

"It isn’t anything. It’s empty."
I disagree with this part.

The real planning is taking place behind the scenes in parliament and in every business who trades with the EU.

So your plan is you remain positive while the powers that be get it all on track, no need to be updated how it’s all going, keep it all behind the scenes and don’t bother you with the scary stuff while you’re over in the corner spouting positive affirmations. . Righto.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The only deal that respects the leave vote is no deal. I would prefer it to be managed and we are told that plans have been made for this.

We can set our own tariffs. We will have control over our own affairs. The future will be in our own hands and will will be a success because we will make it to be so, without being held back by bureaucrats from the EU.

Leaving the EU is a change and that scares people with negative outlooks. Expect some readjustment. Work to find solutions to problems because scare mongering and panicking will solve nothing.

Meaningless drivel full of half truths, misunderstandings and just outright lies.

I'll ask again - if Leave is such a good idea this should be REALLY easily.

Please list some provable positives of leaving with No Deal.

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
Now we need to make it work? The Referendum was over two years ago. Theresa May triggered Article 50 as soon as she could, without any plan in place.
She's already had one plan rejected by Parliament, and is now delaying this one as long as possible, because she knows it will be voted down.

We have just 100 days to sort out something and now we need to make it work?

Here we can agree. What a shambles May has made of this. But to be fair to her, she has tried her best to get a deal. That is why now we can only have a no deal Brexit. We need to make every day count now, working towards the only deal that allows us to take back control. Maybe, if it is possible, we could transition, as already put forward towards no deal.

Plans are in place for no deal. I am sure there will be disruption. Where needed we will have to work to overcome whatever problems we face and make the peoples choice to leave work.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Here we can agree. What a shambles May has made of this. But to be fair to her, she has tried her best to get a deal. That is why now we can only have a no deal Brexit. We need to make every day count now, working towards the only deal that allows us to take back control. Maybe, if it is possible, we could transition, as already put forward towards no deal.

Plans are in place for no deal. I am sure there will be disruption. Where needed we will have to work to overcome whatever problems we face and make the peoples choice to leave work.

How?

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
So your plan is you remain positive while the powers that be get it all on track, no need to be updated how it’s all going, keep it all behind the scenes and don’t bother you with the scary stuff while you’re over in the corner spouting positive affirmations. . Righto.

Updates would be nice, I am not against those at all.

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
Meaningless drivel full of half truths, misunderstandings and just outright lies.

I'll ask again - if Leave is such a good idea this should be REALLY easily.

Please list some provable positives of leaving with No Deal.

Being in control is a positive. From there we can work out solutions to our problems.

I advocate no deal because it is the only way we can proceed at this point.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Updates would be nice, I am not against those at all.

Just as long as they are positive, full of blind optimism and avoid any reality that threatens to contradict your view that all will be well as long as we plaster on a fake smile and stay positive? Gotcha. I think you’re in for a rude awakening in the not too distant future.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The only deal that respects the leave vote is no deal. I would prefer it to be managed and we are told that plans have been made for this.

We can set our own tariffs. We will have control over our own affairs. The future will be in our own hands and will will be a success because we will make it to be so, without being held back by bureaucrats from the EU.

Leaving the EU is a change and that scares people with negative outlooks. Expect some readjustment. Work to find solutions to problems because scare mongering and panicking will solve nothing.

Who is 'we'? What can I personally do to ensure that my company will still be able to export to existing US and Canadian clients in April in a no deal scenario? Answer: **** all. We'll be relying on politicians and civil servants that are trying to simultaneously arrange trade deals with hundreds of countries around the world.

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
Just as long as they are positive, full of blind optimism and avoid any reality that threatens to contradict your view that all will be well as long as we plaster on a fake smile and stay positive? Gotcha. I think you’re in for a rude awakening in the not too distant future.

Not at all, plans involve identifying negatives and problems, so they can be solved with hard work and determination.

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
Who is 'we'? What can I personally do to ensure that my company will still be able to export to existing US and Canadian clients in April in a no deal scenario? Answer: **** all. We'll be relying on politicians and civil servants that are trying to simultaneously arrange trade deals with hundreds of countries around the world.

I sympathise with your plight. Your problem comes from the shambles that Mrs May has made of it all and not our democratic right to leave the EU.

If we know what the deal is, then we can plan.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I sympathise with your plight. Your problem comes from the shambles that Mrs May has made of it all and not our democratic right to leave the EU.

If we know what the deal is, then we can plan.

We have a deal on the table that is as good as we're going to get, regardless of who was negotiating it.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
No deal, planned and managed for is the best way forward. We are where we are....

It is the best option on the table. It is the only option that gives us what we voted for. We want to be in control.

It appears that 42% of the others who voted leave disagree with you :shrug:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Being in control is a positive. From there we can work out solutions to our problems.

I advocate no deal because it is the only way we can proceed at this point.

What do you mean "being in control"? We have always had sovereignty. We have always had democracy.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Indeed, and our splendid democracy must continue to be upheld.

Agreed. And forcing through a No Deal Brexit that won thanks to the Leave deal illegally overspending, and based on blatant lies, would be incredibly undemocratic.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
No deal, planned and managed for is the best way forward. We are where we are....

It is the best option on the table. It is the only option that gives us what we voted for. We want to be in control.

Exactly. You can't tell them this they're all in a blind panic

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here