• Remain / TMs deal

Votes: 180 54.7%
  • Remain / No deal

Votes: 39 11.9%

• Total voters

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
As the whole point of holding a second referendum (see new eligibility criteria)* is to try and reverse the first one, break with Uk democratic norms of enacting democratic results and ignore 17.4 million voters, perhaps the options should just be ..

Remain/Remain

*Your vote counts double if you have any of the following criteria

Subscribers To the Guardian

Live in metropolitan areas and house price above £300,000. No renters or social housing types.

Lib Dem member

2nd home in Tuscany, South of France

Owner of Tote bag

Been on an anti Brexit March

Also ..

No Tories

No Working Class

No OAP's

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
We have a Commonwealth, and some of that Commonwealth have British passports. That's why the Windrush scandal happened.

We need 40K nurses and 12K doctors to fill vacancies in the NHS. If they don't come from Europe then they will come from elsewhere.

Most of them already do.Zimbabwe,and the Phillipines provide excellent nurses for example,who are all required to have good spoken English,unlike the EU ones.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I think this route would confuse Frank from Huddersfield who just wants to get rid of brown people.

(No, I'm not suggesting everyone who voted Leave is like this, but it is a sizeable enough portion to potentially make a difference).

How about adding Doris from Stoke who is still waiting for her hip operation but knows the NHS will get an extra 350m a week next March.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Most of them already do.Zimbabwe,and the Phillipines provide excellent nurses for example,who are all required to have good spoken English,unlike the EU ones.

I've never yet come across a European working over here that doesn't have excellent English.

Slightly different occupation, but on similar lines, my French friend's daughter wants to become a vet. She failed her first year exam, on her English. This is in France.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Remain. No second choice from me I'm afraid. Brexit was a terrible idea two years ago and it's still a terrible idea now.

IMO, of course.

The Problem with not using your second choice means that the worst option (no deal) gets the majority, rather than the least worst option.

imo, of course.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Out means OUT as in NO means NO so just get it over with deal or no deal we will be better of without the bureaucracy of the EU and fending for ourselves

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
As the whole point of holding a second referendum (see new eligibility criteria)* is to try and reverse the first one, break with Uk democratic norms of enacting democratic results and ignore 17.4 million voters]

Or alternatively, see if there is more support for May’s version of leave than Rees-Mogg’s?

It’s been pointed out many times that we need to be clearer as to what people actually want, as we currently don’t know because the question wasn’t asked.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I think this route would confuse Frank from Huddersfield who just wants to get rid of brown people.

(No, I'm not suggesting everyone who voted Leave is like this, but it is a sizeable enough portion to potentially make a difference).

Frank's from Burnley not Huddersfield!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I want remain. None of the other options apply.

If there was Remain/Corbyn's LINO then I'd go for that.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Plus those who were conned into thinking of a massive cash injection to the NHS the day after the vote!

In truth, I don't believe many people know the full extent of the TM deal.
(Apart from the experts on NSC of course)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We already had a People's Vote. Some folks lost. They need to get over it and swot up on how democracy works. Or maybe we can rerun the last few General Elections also :shrug:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Out means OUT as in NO means NO so just get it over with deal or no deal we will be better of without the bureaucracy of the EU and fending for ourselves

Exactly what do you mean by this? Can you elaborate?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I've never yet come across a European working over here that doesn't have excellent English.

Sorry, but have to pick you up on that one.

My Company receives between 10-15 deliveries/collections a day.

Most of the drivers are Eastern European, and very pleasant.

Approx 50% of them speak little (or in some cases no) English.

Where our transport industry will be without foreign workers is another question - but to say they all 'have excellent English' is complete and utter rubbish.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
We already had a People's Vote. Some folks lost. They need to get over it and swot up on how democracy works. Or maybe we can rerun the last few General Elections also :shrug:

You mean like those in the Tory party who voted a new leader in 18 months ago and didn’t want to stand by that decision? Or all those saying we should have another General Election? Or those saying our elected government leader should resign?

Democracy, but only if it suits me!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Sorry, but have to pick you up on that one, My Company receives between 10-15 deliveries/collections a day.
Most of the drivers are Eastern European, and very pleasant.but to say they all 'have excellent English' is complete and utter rubbish.

In fairness there are people in Lancing who do not have the basics in English.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here