Votes: 180 54.7%
  • Remain / No deal

Votes: 39 11.9%

• Total voters

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The only sane solution is no second referendum. We need a complete reversal and we need to remain. Leave voters will silently thank us in the end. Their children will loudly thank us.

NB, I don’t expect any Leave voters to admit as such. Nobody likes to admit they have been made a mug of.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
The only sane solution is no second referendum. We need a complete reversal and we need to remain. Leave voters will silently thank us in the end. Their children will loudly thank us.

NB, I don’t expect any Leave voters to admit as such. Nobody likes to admit they have been made a mug of.

I won’t, do you honestly think the EU will jump up and down with open arms, no they wiill punish us like a Victorian naughty school child, and punish us with fines and extra laws....

Absolute given...

As much as I actually think your an alright kinda guy, who has racked up a phenomenal amount of post in half my lifetime on NSC.

I’m a mug, we all are...

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
There's no choice for "I don't care, in, out, sideways -- just so long as my passport's blue and the wogs once more start at Calais".

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I won’t, do you honestly think the EU will jump up and down with open arms, no they wiill punish us like a Victorian naughty school child, and punish us with fines and extra laws....

Absolute given...

As much as I actually think your an alright kinda guy, who has racked up a phenomenal amount of post in half my lifetime on NSC.

I’m a mug, we all are...

Some strange points you raise there . Ignoring the irrelevant ones , what fines do you anticipate and what laws could they apply exclusively to the U.K.? What you’re saying doesn’t bear scrutiny.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Some strange points you raise there . Ignoring the irrelevant ones , what fines do you anticipate and what laws could they apply exclusively to the U.K.? What you’re saying doesn’t bear scrutiny.

Nah, your probably right, although I would not be surprised if they do slap us with a bill for revoking article 69.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
There wouldn’t be one if the remainers had won by the same slim margin. If the results the same then what? Best out of three? I’m with you there won’t be one.

If, after 2 and a half years, the remainers still hadn't figured out what they wanted or how to do it, then I think a second vote would have been in order.

(And with the vote used on this poll, there would have to be a result that could then be implemented. Because it appears from the results to date that people from both sides of the referendum are still struggling with how to implement 'leave')

Last edited:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
If, after 2 and a half years, the remainers still hadn't figured out what they wanted or how to do it, then I think a second vote would have been in order.

(And with the vote used on this poll, there would have to be a result that could then be implemented. Because it appears from the results to date that people from both sides of the referendum are still struggling with how to implement 'leave')
Remainers Are brokering the deal that is where the problem lies.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Remainers Are brokering the deal that is where the problem lies.

Because if Boris had been negotiating the EU would have reneged on their principles and let us cherry pick whatever we wanted from their club, despite not being a member ? Rightio

And it still doesn't solve the problem of not knowing what 'leave' the leavers were voting for :shrug:

albion68

Oct 27, 2011
Because if Boris had been negotiating the EU would have reneged on their principles and let us cherry pick whatever we wanted from their club, despite not being a member ? Rightio

And it still doesn't solve the problem of not knowing what 'leave' the leavers were voting for :shrug:

What sort of remain do you want ? the one where there are no apprentices on large construction sites learning a trade for the future of our country ,because firms do not want to employ them but will have plenty of foreign helpers that is what is going on .

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
What sort of remain do you want ? the one where there are no apprentices on large construction sites learning a trade for the future of our country ,because firms do not want to employ them but will have plenty of foreign helpers that is what is going on .

So you think Nige, Boris and JRM did all this to help those kids ?

I agree that it is a problem that needs to be resolved, and I'm not belittling the situation, but your solution is akin to cutting off your head because you have a pimple

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Genuinely hope we leave and without a deal, as we'll be in a much stronger negotiating position to get better deals with other markets as well as the EU post Brexit, especially when the cost of a new BMW jumps 5% and people start buying Toyota's instead. The closer we get to leaving with no deal the weaker the EU's position will become and so I suspect they will offer some kind of concession at the eleventh hour and a new deal will probably be passed through Parliament. However, if this doesn't happen and we just leave without a deal it may not be as bad as people think, and in 3-4 years the general consensus may well be that leaving with no deal turned out to be our best outcome.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Yep basically why I voted to leave we managed before we can manage again. Remainers might wish they voted to leave if some Johnny Foreigner was sitting at their desk Monday morning.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What ideology, logic? There has to be a point on time when the referendum result will be outdated, what point in time do you think that should be, and what is your reasoning behind that?
Perhaps that date should be some time after the action from the result has been acted upon.

If we leave on the 29th of March, it is probable that there will be more remain voters still drawing breath than leave voters, I say that is undemocratic. You can't base a democracy on the will of deceased people.
I presume you're just joking? Obviously all democratic votes are choices made at the time of asking and you don't run a democracy by ignoring all votes on the basis that they're out of date.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
So 46 people on here think No Deal is acceptable, and think crashing out if the EU onto WTO rules is acceptable.

I'd be interested hearing arguments on how things are going to work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmtAG4RtAp8

There was a great piece recently on the language used on both sides of the debate Eg ‘crashing’, as you’ve used here. It really won’t be anything if the sort, but it’s become de rigueur to use such terms to the point of not noticing. It’s why the conversation is so toxic, we don’t even realise our choice of language has become polarised - not just our opinions.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What? They can't punish us. If we withdraw Article 50, that's it.

Not that we should, obviously. To reverse the decision without a referendum would be outrageous.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here