• Remain / TMs deal

Votes: 180 54.7%
  • Remain / No deal

Votes: 39 11.9%

• Total voters

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
If right wing hard line leavers think that we are going to return to 1950s and you can say what you like now you are going to very very disappointed.

The centre right are going to be hell bent on fixing divisions in society post this mess because they know that long term they can't rely on a small core vote.

Post brexit what you perceive as "political correctness" will be turned up to the max. They will "reach out", you are gonna hate it...

:lolol:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We can unilaterally reverse article 50 and we can stop Brexit in it’s tracks. Our government would be remiss if they didn’t do this. They would be doing a huge disservice to the British people by not serving in our best interests, the job they are voted in to do.
Systems are in place to get us out of this mess and our government’s duty is to reverse Brexit.
The voters were given a shot, we failed. The government were given a shot , they failed. They have one last chance to redeem themselves.

.....and the remoaners didn't fail to get the majority to agree with them?

Oh dearie me.........

Stop Brexit, serve your country in the manner required of you.
Ooh! Pretentious-R-Us. I know best, meh, meh, meh........................ All those nasty people that disagree with me must be more stupid than me..................

Actually, not.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
.....and the remoaners didn't fail to get the majority to agree with them?

Oh dearie me.........

Ooh! Pretentious-R-Us. I know best, meh, meh, meh........................ All those nasty people that disagree with me must be more stupid than me..................

Actually, not.

You’ll understand one day.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Perhaps, or perhaps when there is popular support for something different.

We had a referendum on Europe 40 odd years ago, the date for another one was not set, it occured when there was seemingly an appetite for it. There seems to me to be an appetite for a referendum on the issue again now.
:lol: So over 40 years of being in the EU before we were allowed a vote on whether to stay, and having voted to leave, you think it's right to have another vote within 3 years, when we haven't even carried out the result of the last one :facepalm:

I can understand the will for a vote on the terms of Brexit, and that would give remoaners a way to win this time, but calling for just a repeat vote because there's an appetite for one is a joke.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
:lol: So over 40 years of being in the EU before we were allowed a vote on whether to stay, and having voted to leave, you think it's right to have another vote within 3 years, when we haven't even carried out the result of the last one :facepalm:

I can understand the will for a vote on the terms of Brexit, and that would give remoaners a way to win this time, but calling for just a repeat vote because there's an appetite for one is a joke.

If not popular demand for one, what should be the factor that brings a referendum about?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

I think we all need to get away from these binary arguments because they are aren't helping anything.

The UK is a very complex place regarding Europe. Although we are undoubtedly the most Eurosceptic country in there, your sentence
So over 40 years of being in the EU before we were allowed a vote on whether to stay,
suggests there was a long running majority desire to have a referendum.

There quite obviously wasn't.

Cameron used it as a fix to sort his internal problems out and put it in the manifesto. Due to the oddities of our electoral system he gets a mandate which the minority of the electorate (if they had bothered to read the manifesto) voted for.

Once it is out there, anything can happen.

Democracy is ****ed in this country. We ended up in a place where everyone is arguing whether the people or parliament should decide.

D

Deleted member 2719

Something is very very f##### if the referendum has created an alliance between Rees Mogg and the working class.

Doesn't that line alone tell you that the UK has had enough of Europe and their dictatorship, it doesn't work for us, let it work for them and have some balls and believe in ourselves.

I think we all need to get away from these binary arguments because they are aren't helping anything.

Says the man who wants to call everyone an idiot who doesn't believe in his stance.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Yes of course, remainers have now laid down the new rules.
If Labour win the next election it would be only fair that the people should vote again before Corbyn forming a government can be implemented.
In fact I strongly suggest that election is done again and again until the people change their minds, vote correctly and stop Corbyn becoming PM.
We could rename the do it again election The Peoples Election to give it validity.

If Labour won a GE by one seat, and before Labour actually formed a government it transpired that the Labour manifesto was fundamentally flawed and undeliverable, I think another GE would be the natural outcome and democracy in action :shrug:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Doesn't that line alone tell you that the UK has had enough of Europe and their dictatorship, it doesn't work for us, let it work for them and have some balls and believe in ourselves.

Do you realise that the rules we are being told they have to stick to, were mostly written by the UK? We have 73 of the 750 seats in the European Parliament, when there are 28 countries, so quite a large proportion of say in what happens.

Believe in ourselves? Which politicians do you trust implicitly? Please name me your top five.

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
Leave the EU with No Deal Please....

It will be fine!

We will become a third country not a third world country....

May's deal is worse than remain...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If not popular demand for one, what should be the factor that brings a referendum about?
If there was genuinely overwhelming demand for another, because feeling had changed, then I'd agree with you. As things stand, the polls seem similar to the polls before the last one - ie, a slight preference for remain.

The main argument I accept for another referendum is the fact that we had to vote for leave before we had a chance to know which leave we'd get, so you can argue that we should get a choice on which type of leave we have, and you could also argue that if the options were May's deal or no deal, people would actually prefer to stay (and would have 2 years ago).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Leave the EU with No Deal Please....

It will be fine!

We will become a third country not a third world country....

May's deal is worse than remain...

It won't be fine. That's like crossing your fingers, and hoping for the best.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It changes daily obviously, but I'm thinking tonight that Corbyn will bottle it and use his "we are a democratic party and consult the members" what they think. They will overwhelmingly want a second referendum.

This will pick up enough Tory MPs who are tired of the whole thing.

Last week I genuinely believed the EU would budge slightly but they haven't.

I'm amazed at the Tory Party, however bad the deal was they could have been out already. There are still two years to decide what that actually looks like.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Aside of crashing the economy, putting a border up in Ireland violates the GFA, the most important post war peace treaty we are sign up to.

Its not impossible Britain in end up in the Hague.

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017

I don't fear project fear. No need to cross my fingers or hope. Where there is the will, there is a way. Biggest problem we face is incompetent politicians not taking the country in the direction of actually leaving the EU. Leave with no deal and get a trade deal.

There will be changes but the rest of the world copes being a third country and so we just need to adjust. Plans have been made. Of course some changes will happen but that is what leave voters voted for Change!

I accept that this government have made a poor job of managing the change.

It would all be a lot easier if the result of the referendum had been respected by the whole country.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Aside of crashing the economy, putting a border up in Ireland violates the GFA, the most important post war peace treaty we are sign up to.

Its not impossible Britain in end up in the Hague.

The GFA is why The EU are working on the assumption that no deal wont happen. The problem is they are, as George W Bush once said, 'misunderestimating', the stupidity of Westminster because such a level of it has never actually been seen before.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
would all be a lot easier if the result of the referendum had been respected by the whole country.

Odd comment. The mess is about Parliament not agreeing what leaving looks like.

How has anyone in the country not liking the result had any effect on anything ?

It's a very small minority of activists and MPs pushing for another vote. 99.9999% of the "whole country" have had no other option but to look on bemused.

The debate on here regarding things we have absolutely no control over is incredible.

Sent from my BTV-DL09 using Tapatalk

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Says the man who wants to call everyone an idiot who doesn't believe in his stance.
I only think some people are idiots.

Sent from my BTV-DL09 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here